General Election 12 December.

nikki-red

This is NOT to become a second Brexit thread.

Thank you.

Message added by nikki-red

4 hours ago, Anna B said:

They also sold off the family silver leaving us dependent on 'financial services' and at the mercy of privatisation and Corporate Avarice. 

And  Gordon Brown also sold off our gold reserves at rock bottom prices.

4 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

No Corbyn has not.  Why do you keep bringing this media bias up.

He has had access to the same press as every other leader.   For every negative story/tweet/post/blog about Corbyn there are just as many declaring the sun shines out of his backside.  

You see what you want to see.  Try looking at the Daily Mirror or The Independent or The Guardian a bit more.  They sing his praises all the time.

Ultimately, Corbyn polarises the electorate.  The media reflects that.  It's just that simple.

Enough with the media bias whining.

If Corbyn is reported to have performed crap in a debate, maybe... Just maybe it's because he was.   

Ahem.... 8 full pages in today's Daily Mail doing nothing but slagging Jeremy Corbyn off, including the front page and and 2 double page spreads. Then on top of that, there's the Mail's 'Leader,' a full collumn devoted to (guess what) slagging Jeremy Corbyn off, and then Ruth Sunderland's third of a page Commentary er... slagging Jeremy Corbyn off, and 2 more articles in the business section (yes you guessed it, . . . . 

Meanwhile in the interests of fair, balanced reporting how many mentions did our newsworthy Prime Minister Boris get?  None. 0. zilch. Not a single thing.  

If that's not newspaper bias I don't know what is.  And this has been going on for months / years. But please don't think it's only me who thinks this. It has been mentioned by many well known, intelligent, none partisan people, Academics have said it, even  that doyen of the probing, interview (horrible to everyone) Andrew Neil, has said it.  So yes, it is a thing.

Edited by Anna B

So this is not a Brexit election, moderator?  Post a point without referring to Brexit?

Delusional.

16 minutes ago, jaffa1 said:

Only half of them - when the market had started to pick up.

Perhaps understandable in the context and  no real disaster.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/gordon-brown-gold-reserves-sold-economy-analysis-financial-bullion-a8909611.html

28 minutes ago, jaffa1 said:

He sold 12 Billions worth, and made a killing on the foreign exchange markets, just before the price of gold sky rocketed to unprecedented levels. Nobody could predict this.

If you look at the graph below which gives the gold price over 35 years, you'll see that the price rumbled along relatively stable for years until a totally unprecedented giant leap in share prices.   

https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/gold-price/35-year-gold-price-history-pound-gram

1 hour ago, apelike said:

Why as that is irrelevant. You obviously failed to notice they were questions and not comments to which Anna B also gave an answer to.

No.

I asked you to do a bit of simple arithmetic.

The fact that you can’t, or won’t, speaks volumes.

I’ll ask again, if politicians earned roughly £80 100 pa, how much extra tax would they pay under a Corbyn government?

No deflecting now. Just answer the question.

I do indeed but I refer you to post #573 instead.

And may I refer you to the sequence of posts quoted below. 

You do understand how higher rate tax works, don’t you?

9 hours ago, apelike said:

Do you think that figure has any connection to the fact that MP's get £79,468 or maybe it's just a coincidence that they will not have to be taxed extra as well?

7 hours ago, Pettytom said:

How much extra tax would they pay if they earned another £600?

6 hours ago, apelike said:

I don't know.

5 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Maybe you should find out, if you want your comments on the matter to be taken seriously.

I do indeed but I refer you to post #573 instead.

#573 doesn't answer #550 or #552.

12 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

No.

I’ll ask again, if politicians earned roughly £80 100 pa, how much extra tax would they pay under a Corbyn government?

apelike has so much history of ambiguous / deflective answers.

The only thing I can ascertain with any certainty is that he has always been pro-Brexit

2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

apelike has so much history of ambiguous / deflective answers.

The only thing I can ascertain with any certainty is that he has always been pro-Brexit

I asked him a straightforward question, in response to a rather uninformed answer that he gave to a different question.

The fact that he responded by trying to suggest that I’m either stupid, inattentive, or both, says quite a lot about him.

The answer to my question was “too little to even worry about”, by the way 😀

45 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I asked him a straightforward question, in response to a rather uninformed answer that he gave to a different question.

The fact that he responded by trying to suggest that I’m either stupid, inattentive, or both, says quite a lot about him.

The answer to my question was “too little to even worry about”, by the way 😀

But that's what he didn't say if you look back to something vague in answer to something he said that was ambiguous to something non-commital a few pages back - you won't tie me down to anything aren't I a clever poster who doesn't support or trust anyone apart from Brexit, Brexit, Brexit because I won't give you reasons apart from (go back to line 1).

Edited by Longcol

1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

No.

Yes you did and I have pointed out that I asked a question which was answered, which is the bit you seem to fail to understand.

No as it is not necessary given it was a question to Anna B.

You seem to already know or can work it out for yourself so it does not need me to answer it.

See above...