Useless Police re attempted bike thefts

15 minutes ago, DancingDave said:

The guy with the crash helmet was trying to manhandle the Bike into the back of the van, he couldn't manage it as it had a disklok on it. and I was stood staring at him. The driver did not get out, but when they came back both of them were out of the van trying to push the bike off its stand so they could wheel it away into the van. 

Funny how you said none of this in your OP  - so are you now trying to change your story.  

Did you actually see a crime being commited or not?

A white van going around that you "think" looks dodgy is not enough for police intervention.   What grounds exactly would they have to stop and arrest.

However if the above did actually happen and you reported that to the call handler I don't believe for one second that they would have ignored it. 

Something smells like bull here... Feeble attempt to put down the police force me thinks.  

1 hour ago, lil-minx92 said:

Its the 999 operator that they are moaning about. They never spoke to SYP.

No it’s not and yes thay did.

They rang 999 and asked for the police which means that they would be speaking to someone in Police Communications on the Parkway, which is very much part of South Yorkshire Police.

8 minutes ago, lil-minx92 said:

I stand corrected, but they arent actual 'police' from a moaning about the police point of view

Sorry lil-minx92, I came across a bit blunt then, It wasn't my intention.  Anyway it's the same operators who take 999 and 101 calls.  Very true though, the operators arent police officers.

50 minutes ago, iansheff said:

I would have thought that the police wanted to be informed of suspicious behaviour, surely it is better to prevent a crime or catch them in the act rather than have to solve one.

That would be outside most drinking establishments,council offices and Houses of Parliament then.

I have reported vehicles behaving suspiciously in my village - they are quite noticeable if you are actively aware of your surroundings.

All of them drug dealers or buyers,funny how some of the people calling the police on here don't actively support arresting druggies or drug dealers.

2 minutes ago, DancingDave said:

People replying to the topic asked for more details so I gave more details, why would anyone make anything up like this ? 

Did the operator not take any details at all then.  I'm surprised they didn't take a registration number at least. 

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

No it’s not and yes thay did.

They rang 999 and asked for the police which means that they would be speaking to someone in Police Communications on the Parkway, which is very much part of South Yorkshire Police.

Spot on except for the location of the Communications Room.