British Flagged Tanker Seized In Gulf By Iran.

42 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

Apparently it is British owned.

(Reuters) - Stena Bulk, the British operator of a tanker seized by Iran, has made a formal request to visit the 23 crew members of the Stena Impero and is awaiting a formal response, it said on Sunday.

https://www.stenabulk.com/

has a mention of swedish owned Stena imperio in the recent statements,  also when you google it it mentions Gothenburg in the sites sections, but currently when you click on the sections all you get is the statements regarding the taking of.

It mentions northern marine ltd as the ships managers though, and that seems to be from Glasgow

https://www.nmg-stena.com/about-us/

seems to me the perfect encapsulation of globalisation, a foreign owned company of ships, foreign crewmen, and a british flag plopped onto it and "managed" by Brits (what that prolly means is, they get the crews?)

Edited by melthebell

1 hour ago, JamesR123 said:

Hmm I didn't say it was mine did I?

Ours, in this context meant the country.

According to the foreign Secretary(at the time of the post), two ships were seized.  One was released later, but it was still seized.  Do you know anything more?

You are right that only one ship was flagged as ours, the other one being operated by the UK.  However, you made the initial mistake about plural ships under our flag, I didn't see the need to correct as it didn't really change the point in question.

The flag flying is important.  The flag is supposed to protect the vessel, this is gesture politics.  You have spectacularly failed to view this in context.

Iran demanded that we release their ship and warned of consequences.  We ignored them and they seized two ships with links to the UK.  This is the consequence they warned of.

It is fine that you failed to understand the importance of their actions, but some of us didn't and we are discussing it.

Iran are displaying their strength, very deliberately.

You actually thought that, when I posted they're "not yours", I meant your own, rather than the UK's?

You're certainly full of something, James. And it's not crude oil.

18 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

We could well lose that seat. There’s no way we should be prioritising military spending if we have a no deal Brexit. I fail to see how we could continue to fund Trident and an effective expeditionary force if our country is breaking up and our services are melting down. 

This is exactly the wrong time to get involved in another war. We can’t afford it.

Borrowing never seems to be a problem for the government.

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

its ours, british?

sounds british :P

also when they say "we" took the Iranian one, what i have read was that Royal Marines HELPED Gibraltar take it, THEY took it, we helped

What is the distinction? Gib is a British terratory.

5 minutes ago, Janus said:

Borrowing never seems to be a problem for the government.

it will be after johnsons no deal brexit and reigning back on paying the money we owe to the EU lol

34 minutes ago, L00b said:

You actually thought that, when I posted they're "not yours", I meant your own, rather than the UK's?

You're certainly full of something, James. And it's not crude oil.

Deflecting from the point, you failed completely to grasp the complexity of the situation.

May has convened emergency meeting, why not message her and tell her there is no issue lol

34 minutes ago, melthebell said:

it will be after johnsons no deal brexit and reigning back on paying the money we owe to the EU lol

I doubt that. While ever a lender is receiving interest, and huge amounts due to the amount of debt, they will continue.

3 hours ago, JamesR123 said:

Hmm I didn't say it was mine did I?

Ours, in this context meant the country.

According to the foreign Secretary(at the time of the post), two ships were seized.  One was released later, but it was still seized.  Do you know anything more?

You are right that only one ship was flagged as ours, the other one being operated by the UK.  However, you made the initial mistake about plural ships under our flag, I didn't see the need to correct as it didn't really change the point in question.

The flag flying is important.  The flag is supposed to protect the vessel, this is gesture politics.  You have spectacularly failed to view this in context.

Iran demanded that we release their ship and warned of consequences.  We ignored them and they seized two ships with links to the UK.  This is the consequence they warned of.

It is fine that you failed to understand the importance of their actions, but some of us didn't and we are discussing it.

Iran are displaying their strength, very deliberately.

It doesn't take much strength for a country to seize an unprotected  tanker in international waters.  Iran are behaving like a rogue state which is what they are.  President Trump is correct by pulling out of the nuclear agreement which Obama signed up to.

1 minute ago, Lockdoctor said:

President Trump is correct by pulling out of the nuclear agreement which Obama signed up to.

You say this after it was revealed that he did this purely out of spite? 😵

5 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

President Trump is correct by pulling out of the nuclear agreement which Obama signed up to.

THAT is what started this whole bull****, Trump tears up something that Obama did just to spite him, something which to all intents and purposes the rest of the world had no issue with and Iran were adhering to.

Next thing we are in this political merry go round.

Edited by melthebell

On the Politics show this dinner time, the woman panelist (forgot her name) who is head of one of the unions almost had a funny turn in her excitement to tell us that none of the crew is paid the minimum wage. If it's fact it's a rum do risking your life going through the Strait of Hormuz for a pittance.

Angel1. 

26 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

On the Politics show this dinner time, the woman panelist (forgot her name) who is head of one of the unions

You are a real Tory, aren’t you?

You’ve never heard of the TUC? 🙄

12 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

You are a real Tory, aren’t you?

You’ve never heard of the TUC? 🙄

Hmmm... :huh:

I've heard of them...

... I think they're crackers! :suspect: