British Flagged Tanker Seized In Gulf By Iran.

15 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I have no anger at all unlike other posters here who seem to have anger towards their own country.  As already stated I remember the events when they happened and support America against Iran.  Save your history lessons for someone who is interested in your anti British and American rhetoric.

if you remember the events, then you must be knocking on a bit like me, its a shame you have not got wiser as you have got older, 

2 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

You seem very angry, it is sad.

It would be very difficult, from a neutral standpoint, to paint the Iranians as the bad guys here.

You continue to spout nonsense. It is sad that you think our country should remain neutral when Iran has just seized a British flagged tanker in the Gulf.  You are confused about anger. When someone calls you out for being a traitor then that is not anger because it is truthful words. 

Just now, Lockdoctor said:

You continue to spout nonsense. It is sad that you think our country should remain neutral when Iran has just seized a British flagged tanker in the Gulf.  You are confused about anger. When someone calls you out for being a traitor then that is not anger because it is truthful words. 

can i ask you a question? take this incident aside for a moment.....if you knew our country was at fault and doing wrong, would you still support them out of patriotic duty?

5 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

if you remember the events, then you must be knocking on a bit like me, its a shame you have not got wiser as you have got older, 

I also remember seeing the first man on the moon.  I haven't become a traitor as I have got older.

1 minute ago, Lockdoctor said:

There you go again!

Just now, Lockdoctor said:

I also remember seeing the first man on the moon.  I haven't become a traitor as I have got older.

And again!

9 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

If only R.E.M. were at Tramlines.

Edited by Mister Gee

7 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I am not spouting nonsense at all.  The EU has no right to impose sanctions on Iran and make other people follow those sanctions.

You really thought that the situation started with some hostages being taken in 1979.  That is absurdly ignorant. 

I don't use that as an insult.  There are a myriad of things I am ignorant of.  I have no idea, for example, how a car anyone works.  I am utterly ignorant of it.

I don't automatically side with the UK.  I would fight to defend it if need be, even if we were in the wrong.  But I am not so blinkered that I can't see when we are being naughty.

17 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

....if you knew our country was at fault and doing wrong, would you still support them out of patriotic duty?

Or as Carl Schurz is believed to have said, “my country right or wrong” which shows what a load of nonsense patriotism is.

Appologies for not reading though this thread before posting; I'm pretty sure someone will have raised this before, but...

I'm trying to understand how we're not being hypocrits here. I mean, it's okay for us to capture their tankers, but not the other way around?

4 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I'm trying to understand how we're not being hypocrits here. I mean, it's okay for us to capture their tankers, but not the other way around?

That’s pretty much what everyone is saying.

Even the bonkers ‘send the gunboats in’ right wingers on here are saying that we have messed up on this one.

6 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

That’s pretty much what everyone is saying.

Even the bonkers ‘send the gunboats in’ right wingers on here are saying that we have messed up on this one.

Also our 'special relationship' with the US (who seem to be the ones who are most keen on ratcheting up the pressure on Iran) is a bit concerning. It's almost like Uncle Sam snaps his fingers, and we say "how high"?

4 hours ago, JamesR123 said:

I would fight to defend it if need be, even if we were in the wrong. 

How does that work then?

Why on earth would you fight for something that you know is wrong?