The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

They are the same thing but in this ridiculous situation, the government is equating the interest of the country with the interest of a minority of the people who voted to leave the EU which is why the thing is turning out to be such a disaster.

The government is equating the interest of the country with the interest of the Conservative Party. May has always seen her role as delivering a Brexit that keeps the Tories as united as possible.

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

They are the same thing but in this ridiculous situation, the government is equating the interest of the country with the interest of a minority of the people who voted to leave the EU which is why the thing is turning out to be such a disaster.

Have to disagree on that as the people come first. I also, yet again, have to disagree about the minority and remind you that its only the electorate who actually vote that count and in this case it was a majority. ;)

14 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Following the choice of the minority is undemocratic.

It is what weak and lightweight politicians do, who just respond to those who shout the loudest rather than acting in the interests of the majority and the country as a whole.

You are suggesting staying in the eu, regardless of the referdndum result. That is following the choice of the minority, in your own words undemocratic.

Your opinion is i,that t's best to stay in. Imposing an opinion in the belief that you know best,  is nothing to do with democracy. The shouting the loudest comment is misdirected!

Just now, Longcol said:

The government is equating the interest of the country with the interest of the Conservative Party. May has always seen her role as delivering a Brexit that keeps the Tories as united as possible.

And how’s that working out?

But apelike does make a fair point - will of the people vs interest of the country.  I’d argue that the longer serving PMs I have experienced namely Blair and thatcher would have - and let’s face it, did - tell the people to whistle if they thought the country would have been better off doing what they thought best rather than listening to either shouty mcvandriver or comrade lefty-student. 

4 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Quite, even Hannan thinks it's ridiculous that the views of the nearly half of the electorate have been entirely ignored, given the close result.

23 minutes ago, Magilla said:

LOL, you just can't help yourself can you :hihi:

Hell, if you didn't have to constantly make stuff up, would you have anything to say at all? :loopy:

I'm not making stuff up. The poster told you the reasons people at their work voted Remain, and you are correcting them! 

6 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

And how’s that working out?

But apelike does make a fair point - will of the people vs interest of the country.  I’d argue that the longer serving PMs I have experienced namely Blair and thatcher would have - and let’s face it, did - tell the people to whistle if they thought the country would have been better off doing what they thought best rather than listening to either shouty mcvandriver or comrade lefty-student. 

Neither of them would have used a referendum as a way of trying to placate the awkward squad of their party - they'd have simply faced them down. Cameron was both weak and complacent.

Edited by Longcol

7 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Quite, even Hannan thinks it's ridiculous that the views of the nearly half of the electorate have been entirely ignored, given the close result.

Would this be the same Hannan that has been an EU member since 1999 and is president of the Initiative For Free Trade? I think biased springs to mind especially as he is set to lose his job. :) 

Edited by apelike

6 minutes ago, woodview said:

You are suggesting staying in the eu, regardless of the referdndum result. That is following the choice of the minority, in your own words undemocratic.

Your opinion is i,that t's best to stay in. Imposing an opinion in the belief that you know best,  is nothing to do with democracy. The shouting the loudest comment is misdirected!

I am suggesting that you allow parliamentary sovereignty to play its part and let the MPs decide on what to do. The referendum result is immaterial in essence because it doesn’t need to be acted on. 

As it stands with the parliamentary arithmetic, the vote will fail. The MPs will take control of the Brexit process. 

This is is great news. 

13 minutes ago, woodview said:

I'm not making stuff up.

Cool then:

woodview:- "There's some on here would propose Remain in schengen and Euro"

Name them?

The poster told you the reasons people at their work voted Remain, and you are correcting them! 

As usual, a comprehension failure on your part.

I asked a question, recieved a response and gave my view.

Everything else, you made up, but cheers for showing that chip on your shoulder *again*! :rolleyes:

Next you'll be falsely accusing me of calling you a racist.. oh hang on! :hihi:

Edited by Magilla

5 minutes ago, apelike said:

Would this be the same Hannan that has been an EU member since 1999 and is president of the Initiative For Free Trade? I think biased springs to mind especially as he is set to lose his job. :) 

The Institute for Free Trade is pro-Brexit.

http://www.ifreetrade.org/about

The ducks are lining up. The House of Lords rejected the government and voted 321 to 152 in saying that no deal is not acceptable and that the PM’s deal is inadequate.