Threads and posts disaperaring?

I’m not regular user on this forum but have estimated that at least 30-40% of my posts have disappeared. I’m never rude or offensive and have never received any bans or reasoning for this. Is a courtesy message too much to ask?

Unless there is something i’m not aware of I assume this is the same for most posters? If so why do you bother?

I’m not regular user on this forum but have estimated that at least 30-40% of my posts have disappeared. I’m never rude or offensive and have never received any bans or reasoning for this. Is a courtesy message too much to ask?

Unless there is something i’m not aware of I assume this is the same for most posters? If so why do you bother?

are you ready? contact the help desk!

Unfortunately it's just something you have to get used to. I totally agree a brief courtesy message explaining why your post or thread has been deleted would be nice, it would also help you learn from your mistakes.

I doubt there's any rules preventing mods from making such contact, it would be nice if they did.

I suspect you may see this thread disappear or become locked very soon.

Unfortunately it's just something you have to get used to. I totally agree a brief courtesy message explaining why your post or thread has been deleted would be nice, it would also help you learn from your mistakes.

I suspect people would just argue with mods that their posts shouldn't have been deleted if they did that.

It's worth bearing in mind that if you quote a post that breaks the rules, your post will be liable for deletion too.

I suspect people would just argue with mods that their posts shouldn't have been deleted if they did that.

It's worth bearing in mind that if you quote a post that breaks the rules, your post will be liable for deletion too.

and if you post in threads that are closed.

That encompasses all 10 of your posts that have been removed from the 72 posts made.

and if you post in threads that are closed.

That encompasses all 10 of your posts that have been removed from the 72 posts made.

How do you post in closed threads? :suspect::huh::help:

I'm again now waiting to be consored.

SF doesn't allow freedom of expression.

The confines are extremely narrow. It's not just about being rude or offensive. There are taboos about particular words.

It's like igniting a fuse in their eyes and must be immediately put out. No question.

So as long as you stick to the trite banal tedious dull boring or functional you'll fit in perfectly with SF.

See you in about 10 days after the bread & water treatment.

How do you post in closed threads? :suspect::huh::help:

I should have explained better - if you make a post and the thread is then closed,your own post disappears.

The confines are extremely narrow. It's not just about being rude or offensive. There are taboos about particular words.

It's like igniting a fuse in their eyes and must be immediately put out. No question.

So as long as you stick to the trite banal tedious dull boring or functional you'll fit in perfectly with SF.

theres not a taboo, theres certain "themes" where i, they, we all must now know that its going to devolve into petty arguing and its been done to death

Poor diddums. Didn't your Mam ever tell you that self pity is seriously unappealing? If you don't like the pub, or the landlord's rules, go and drink somewhere else.

I'm going to close this because I can only find two posts from the OP which have been removed in the last 6 months, one of which was a previous complaint about posts being removed and the other included a comment about a shop owner which was reported to the moderating team as being potentially defamatory.

We don't claim to offer freedom of speech on SF. We're a small forum run by volunteers and because we're so vulnerable without the backing of a large company, we err on the side of caution when things are reported to the team.

Everybody agrees to our terms and rules when signing up to the forum, but no single user or their opinion is worth having the whole forum closed down for a legal bill that we cannot afford.