Costa Coffee bought by Coca Cola

My point is that Costa is an Italian family name, who were the original owners while you originally thought it was a name to evoke a Mediterranian image.

---------- Post added 31-08-2018 at 17:03 ----------

Just to remind you what you originally thought.

I was fully aware of its origins, I've googled it in the past out of curiosity. That's how I knew it was a British company. I'm still not clear what your point or problem is with the name. Do you have a problem with 'foreign names and would prefer it to be called Smith's?

I was fully aware of its origins, I've googled it in the past out of curiosity. That's how I knew it was a British company. I'm still not clear what your point or problem is with the name. Do you have a problem with 'foreign names and would prefer it to be called Smith's?

My original point was aimed at the original poster, who stated he won't be going to Costa anymore and implied the reason was because it was no longer British owned. I was merely pointing out that Costa is hardly a traditional British name and couldn't understand why they were bothered it was no longer British owned given its origins. I can understand why there was a fuss when a traditional British name and business like Harrods became foreign owned.

I fully understand that poster, I've previously preferred Costa over Starbucks because it was a UK owned company that paid a fair amount of UK tax.

It's name didn't alter the fact that it was a wholly UK owned business. It's origins being in London are clearly British origins.

It entirely makes sense to not like to spend money at tax dodging multinationals and to prefer to spend money in UK based, non tax dodging businesses.

It's name has absolutely nothing to do with it's entirely British origin story and ownership.

Can't wait to see the changes.

No doubt they'll revamp the flavour. Expect every coffee to come with 47 spoon fulls of sugar and to be carbonated.

Then we'll have coffee diet with only 43 spoon fulls.

Sure there's coffee in a tin but can't wait to get it a bottle. A litre and a half!

I'd like to teach the world to sleep .........

Can't wait to see the changes.

No doubt they'll revamp the flavour. Expect every coffee to come with 47 spoon fulls of sugar and to be carbonated.

Then we'll have coffee diet with only 43 spoon fulls.

Sure there's coffee in a tin but can't wait to get it a bottle. A litre and a half!

I'd like to teach the world to sleep .........

I'm waiting to see how long it takes to get the bottles of Pepsi off the shelves,

• 2 weeks later...