Terror Attack Outside Parliament.

There are a number of IRA-derived organisations all apparently inimical to each other.

Whilst they are not yet all quiescent, they tend not to be very active. The IRA itself has, I understand, disbanded as part of the Peace Process.

Also, they were never- and aren't- suicide bombers.

There are a number of IRA-derived organisations all apparently inimical to each other.

Whilst they are not yet all quiescent, they tend not to be very active. The IRA itself has, I understand, disbanded as part of the Peace Process.

Also, they were never- and aren't- suicide bombers.

No. They prefer to leave bombs in public places and run away. How is that any 'less' evil than someone belted with explosives?

No. They prefer to leave bombs in public places and run away.

In the interests of accuracy, they were almost always accompanied by a coded warning leaving time for the area to be evacuated.

To return to the attack in question, there are many reasons why individuals might become disaffected and angry enough to feel the need to express that anger against society for their perceived injustices. Some have already been mentioned but one fact which struck me was that this particular individual had recently failed an accounting course and presumably been asked to leave. His recent course history was not exceptional.

Having been a course leader and admissions tutor for a university, now quite a long time ago, I was even then aware that students, of whatever ethnic origin, were frequently being allowed entry to courses without adequate credentials, only for many of them to fail to progress. Other factors play a part in their responses but I am sure this individual could well be an example of what effect rejection, for any reason, can have in behavioural consequences.

To return to the attack in question, there are many reasons why individuals might become disaffected and angry enough to feel the need to express that anger against society for their perceived injustices. Some have already been mentioned but one fact which struck me was that this particular individual had recently failed an accounting course and presumably been asked to leave. His recent course history was not exceptional.

Having been a course leader and admissions tutor for a university, now quite a long time ago, I was even then aware that students, of whatever ethnic origin, were frequently being allowed entry to courses without adequate credentials, only for many of them to fail to progress. Other factors play a part in their responses but I am sure this individual could well be an example of what effect rejection, for any reason, can have in behavioural consequences.

a lot of it same with right wing extremism, and to that effect also gangs in general is the need to "belong" its normally disaffected youths who have issues (criminal, mental, family issues) etc, sadly islamic propaganda does well in targetting these youths and sucking them in.

I do agree that disaffected people are vulnerable to getting sucked in to any group which seeks to target them for its own purposes whether political, religious, ethnic, criminal or whatever.

Rather than narrow the investigation to racial grounds, I hope one day society will find a way to deal with the underlying problems as well, such as the breakdown in law and order and the social contract, family structures and influences, poor education, insufficient mental health resources- and yes rejection by our economic systems, plus the problem of the decline in factors which once held society together, such as respect, deference, discipline, care for one another and -yes, religion (whatever view one holds on that nowadays). It is such a big problem facing society with many more facets than ethnic or religious and we seem just to chose to ignore them for now, at our peril.

plus the problem of the decline in factors which once held society together, such as respect, deference, discipline, care for one another and -yes, religion

And family.

I think I read somewhere that he had recently lost his father and his brother in quick succession which couldn't have helped matters. :(

It's all very well some posters trying to claim the despicable, 'hateful' actions of this bloke driving into people, on his possible mental state, or even modern day societal shortfalls, but would those posters apply the same guff apologist reasoning for every criminal or terrorist discussed on this forum ?

……. I very much doubt it.

How about a murderer, arsonist, rapist, mugger, thief, conman, fraudster, drunk driver or maybe even a nasty white racist :suspect:

It's all very well some posters trying to claim the despicable, 'hateful' actions of this bloke

Fella, you need to ring the Met Police on 0800 789 321 as you clearly have information about the attack which the police don't have yet, given that the guy has not been charged.

Fella, you need to ring the Met Police on 0800 789 321 as you clearly have information about the attack which the police don't have yet, given that the guy has not been charged.

And you need to give your head a shake fella, had it been 'a person of right wing persuasion' your attitude would be completely different, wouldn't it …. hypocrite :roll:

And you need to give your head a shake fella, had it been 'a person of right wing persuasion' your attitude would be completely different, wouldn't it …. hypocrite :roll:

How do you know that he wasn't a person of right wing persuasion?