Blades V Fulham

lien1

You know full well what happened last time you had a game in hand.

The top 6 or 7 are hitting their stride now and if you did scrape in you'd only be in for another play off disappointment (a record 10th would that be?), you've had a better season than expected so cut and run as they used to say on Bullseye.

---------- Post added 06-03-2018 at 23:41 ----------

Good to see you still see SWFC as the yardstick to measure your season too, I'm quite flattered.

It was S6 who told us this was the hardest league in Europe,so I'm not measuring our season on your club,just on what your fans said to us,see what a good manager can do with a pub team in the hardest league in Europe?

No I was watching our abomination. No you had far too much momentum for this season to be a struggle, you'll probably finish a couple of places higher than I imagined, I also think if you'd just pushed the boat out a little in January you might have gotten over the line, strange tactics from the club.

Almost as strange as buying players with serious long term injuries isn't it? :hihi:

Tactics? We're skint. We don't have your boy Chansiri throwing money at us!

Skint?? One of the richest property magnates in the UK and a Saudi Prince own your club, you have record attendances etc etc.

---------- Post added 06-03-2018 at 23:55 ----------

It's great that "momentum" thing isn't it?, it lasts for months and months and months..... :hihi:

It lasted until about November, your form since hasn't been that great, the Owls needed six straight wins to get back into play off contention last season united have stayed in it with only about 4 wins in 15 games this time around.

Almost as strange as buying players with serious long term injuries isn't it? :hihi:

Are we having a conversation about SUFC or deflecting the issue onto another club?

Skint?? One of the richest property magnates in the UK and a Saudi Prince own your club, you have record attendances etc etc.

Got to agree on our attendances, they are pretty good, best in the region, and good prices for the average working man as well.

Not sure that Kev McCabe is one of the richest property magnates in the UK though?, where are you getting that information from?

---------- Post added 07-03-2018 at 01:01 ----------

It lasted until about November, your form since hasn't been that great, the Owls needed six straight wins to get back into play off contention last season united have stayed in it with only about 4 wins in 15 games this time around.

Are we having a conversation about SUFC or deflecting the issue onto another club?

We can talk about SUFC, but if you want to talk deflecting, did you answer that question from the other week?, you said the Prince had "history" of walking out on clubs (or words to that affect) which clubs?

Also, you said earlier your Chairman was given 100% bad advice on signing Jos Luckybag, did he really just sign a contract that was handed to him?, surely he did some background checks?, who is giving him the bad advice?

Edited by Grappler

Got to agree on our attendances, they are pretty good, best in the region, and good prices for the average working man as well.

Not sure that Kev McCabe is one of the richest property magnates in the UK though?, where are you getting that information from?

---------- Post added 07-03-2018 at 01:01 ----------

We can talk about SUFC, but if you want to talk deflecting, did you answer that question from the other week?, you said the Prince had "history" of walking out on clubs (or words to that affect) which clubs?

Also, you said earlier your Chairman was given 100% bad advice on signing Jos Luckybag, did he really just sign a contract that was handed to him?, surely he did some background checks?, who is giving him the bad advice?

I said he had a history of fire sales at previous clubs and they were the words of a united fan who had lived in Saudi Al Hilal (I think was one of them) only time will tell and if he gets the reigns at SUFC.

To be fair JL's record of promotion is pretty good, its just that he could just be the right man at the wrong time.

I said he had a history of fire sales at previous clubs and they were the words of a united fan who had lived in Saudi Al Hilal (I think was one of them) only time will tell and if he gets the reigns at SUFC.

To be fair JL's record of promotion is pretty good, its just that he could just be the right man at the wrong time.

That is the only club he has been involved with prior to SUFC, and left on good terms, but if you want to point out where he had a "fire sale" then that would be interesting.

No one on this forum had heard of JL, and I think everyone (SWFC fans included) were scratching their heads as to why he had been appointed.

That is the only club he has been involved with prior to SUFC, and left on good terms, but if you want to point out where he had a "fire sale" then that would be interesting.

No one on this forum had heard of JL, and I think everyone (SWFC fans included) were scratching their heads as to why he had been appointed.

You could say the same about Wolves's current manager or Wagner at Huddersfield or even good old Carlos, they didn't/are not doing too badly, a "name" these days usually means one off the merry-go-round of failure - in the Prem its the Pardew, Allardyce, Moyes triptych.

You know full well what happened last time you had a game in hand.

The top 6 or 7 are hitting their stride now and if you did scrape in you'd only be in for another play off disappointment (a record 10th would that be?), you've had a better season than expected so cut and run as they used to say on Bullseye.

---------- Post added 06-03-2018 at 23:41 ----------

Good to see you still see SWFC as the yardstick to measure your season too, I'm quite flattered.

You're talking play offs? I thought your last two seasons were successful despite losing miserably in them each time?

Weird how you spin things to suit.

You say we've blown our chance this season, you came so close a couple of seasons ago in that play off final, and last season I expected a much better showing against Huddersfield. I think you've used all of your chances up!

But, they were still successful seasons for you. :)

Edited by SomeNextGuy

The result and difference in class between the teams was pretty much what the realists amongst us expected, so let's forget about it and look forward to a run of games against easier opposition. We finished the game with 4 at the back and Duffy, Brookes and Holmes on the pitch at the same time, which is how I'd like them to begin the next few games, even if it does sound a bit gung ho. This could be our plan B and make us more direct and unpredictable; I don't see the point in persisting with wingbacks when neither of them, especially Stevens, are good enough to get down to the opponents 18 yard box and get good crosses in. They're still over-passing outside the box so let's give Holmes and Brookes a chance to liven things up a bit.

Talking of glandular fever and nutmegs....

I recall Brian Deane being out for some time with glandular fever. He was lucky to make his comeback against a very poor team and scored by nutmeging their keeper.

Can't remember the team in question.