University tuition fees review

Blair said education, education, education.

Which equates to, money, money, money.

Improving the overall education level of society is a bad thing why exactly?

---------- Post added 19-02-2018 at 22:24 ----------

The number of universities should be restricted and to be brutally honest, only the Russell Group universities are worth going to. The polytechnics should be reestablished. If you go to a Russell Group university, it should be on academic ability alone and should be free. For all else, you can pay for not measuring up.

I would like to know why UK has the highest charges in the EU (and I believe in the world,) .

I believe USA fees are considerably higher..

"The average cost of studying at an American university is £22,000 a year, but varies widely from £15,000 to a massive £50,000 depending on the university and course."

https://www.savethestudent.org/study-abroad/america/how-much-are-american-university-fees.html

Edited by truman

I would like to know why UK has the highest charges in the EU (and I believe in the world,) .

I think the USA will be charging a fair bit more than the UK. Not that makes it a good thing you understand...

---------- Post added 20-02-2018 at 00:18 ----------

Not according to tonight's BBC News. USA are £7,000 to our £9,000

Germany's are free.

Anna on many many occassions you have said that the BBC is not to be trusted and you will refuse to accept what they say

So why now are you accepting what the BBC say? You've said before they are always wrong. Is it because - just perchance that you find they confirm the position you want?

I think the USA will be charging a fair bit more than the UK. Not that makes it a good thing you understand...

Anna on many many occassions you have said that the BBC is not to be trusted and you will refuse to accept what they say

So why now are you accepting what the BBC say? You've said before they are always wrong. Is it because - just perchance that you find they confirm the position you want?

It really depends upon which US University you attend. They have fees ranging from about $10k upwards. A market that we were supposed to get, but didn’t.

Yes, that's true. I've tried to Google it but have found conflicting answers, so I've no idea where the BBC got their statistics from. But the main point is UK university fees are 'among' the highest in the world, would you agree with that?

I just want to know why?

I stand by what I wrote in post 9 (just my opinion.) What do you think?

I happen to agree with Mrs May's where she said other routes into employment, eg technical apprenticeships etc should be considered to be just as prestigeous, but I can't see that happenning in our class conscious little nation, can you? And apparently funding for F.E. has been going down for years anyway, which does seem to make it rather the second class Cinderella of the Education world.

Edited by Anna B