The return of Carlos.

OPEN BORDERS

You answered quite sufficiently thank you, you said Rhodes was purchased to score more goals than the present strikers surely that means he was a main player in the teams plans for their ambitions.

I think you need to look elsewhere for the insults and digs starting.

Anyway let's just put it into simple English and common sense.

Wednesday paid a club record fee for Rhodes and no one with any brains at all would never have considered him to be anything but a major part in the teams plans at that time. Anyone saying otherwise is just doing it for the sake of argument and no other reason.

Depends what you see as a key component, a keeper that’s outstanding, a defender that’s responsible for clean sheets, a midfielder that’s creates assists or a striker that scores goals, it’s a team game. It’s no good the ‘main player’ banging goals in if your conceding at the other end.

Depends what you see as a key component, a keeper that’s outstanding, a defender that’s responsible for clean sheets, a midfielder that’s creates assists or a striker that scores goals, it’s a team game. It’s no good the ‘main player’ banging goals in if your conceding at the other end.

Correct but that's another discussion.

A striker bought for a club record fee is clearly considered a key component when signed.

A striker bought for a club record fee is clearly considered a key component when signed.

You do go on, don’t you.

I think we all expected more from Rhodes when we signed him. It hasn’t worked out that way yet. I guess that things can change quickly. Just ask formerly free scoring Leon Clarke about that.

These things happen though. You buy players who exceed expectations and others who fall short. Don’t forget that we’ve also signed Hooper and Forestieri for £6m combined. That just about gets you a Gary Madine in todays crazy transfer market. So, I’m not overly concerned about our transfer dealings. Some you win, some you lose.

He was statistically the best striker outside the Premier League at the time, he was bought in to compliment a team that had an outside chance of automatic promotion, any player that’s brought in is an attempt to improve a team. Youve has your question answered, move on.

He was statistically the best striker outside the Premier League at the time, he was bought in to compliment a team that had an outside chance of automatic promotion, any player that’s brought in is an attempt to improve a team. Youve has your question answered, move on.

Yes he has seen better days that's for sure,he may return to form again stranger things have happened.

---------- Post added 14-02-2018 at 18:55 ----------

You do go on, don’t you.

I think we all expected more from Rhodes when we signed him. It hasn’t worked out that way yet. I guess that things can change quickly. Just ask formerly free scoring Leon Clarke about that.

These things happen though. You buy players who exceed expectations and others who fall short. Don’t forget that we’ve also signed Hooper and Forestieri for £6m combined. That just about gets you a Gary Madine in todays crazy transfer market. So, I’m not overly concerned about our transfer dealings. Some you win, some you lose.

I think Hooper and Forestieri are top players and losing the latter was the first massive blow to the team, as for Madine he couldn't have done any worse than Rhodes this season if he had been there.

I think Hooper and Forestieri are top players and losing the latter was the first massive blow to the team, as for Madine he couldn't have done any worse than Rhodes this season if he had been there.

I agree with that, although Carlos did struggle to fit Forestieri into the side.

I prefer Hooper though. Such an intelligent player.

Be careful chaps. This Forum is descending in to the Forum of 4 or so years ago. Back then, Alex 3659, Bladebloke and a good few others goaded and coerced posters in to arguing themselves in to oblivion. It worked a treat, we lost around a dozen posters of both colours. I see it repeating itself day by day. My advice? Stop goading, stop digging, stop biting, stop arguing and stop taking the bait.

Some present (and maybe previously banned) posters would love to see the demise of the footy section.

Grow up, take a deep breath, consider, then act.

Other than that....... Leave it out eh?

hahahaha keep trying, Rhodes has NEVER been our leading player, hes spent most of the time on the bench.

You also never answered my question.

Be honest, if the blades had 14 players out, mostly your best players (including best goalkeeper, 3 strikers, best defender, best 2 midfielders for 2 or 3 months) do you think you could cope? who would you play? do you think you would do very well?

Honest answer, im trying to be honest and truthful

Any club that claims they can survive on a squad with 14 players out, has a far too big and expensive squad. Only a massive club has 30 plus squad members.

Rhodes cost a fortune, and was not bought as a bench warmer, the fact he may have failed in a role the club paid over the top for.

Be careful chaps. This Forum is descending in to the Forum of 4 or so years ago. Back then, Alex 3659, Bladebloke and a good few others goaded and coerced posters in to arguing themselves in to oblivion. It worked a treat, we lost around a dozen posters of both colours. I see it repeating itself day by day. My advice? Stop goading, stop digging, stop biting, stop arguing and stop taking the bait.

Some present (and maybe previously banned) posters would love to see the demise of the footy section.

Grow up, take a deep breath, consider, then act.

Other than that....... Leave it out eh?

Could not agree with you more, i don,t get involved and i,m on the verge of calling it a day.