Sheffield food places to avoid

Yes, there are things these businesses can do about getting a 0 hygiene rating. According to this, https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/content/sheffield/home/public-health/food-inspection-hygiene-rating-scheme.html, Sheffield council proactively engage with any business scoring 2 or less. So if these businesses haven't got more recent, higher ratings it's either because they haven't got more hygienic or they don't value the reputation of the business enough to pay for a re-rating. In the meantime, I'm grateful to the Star for highlighting those places where I don't want to eat!

Me too, and because the Star has done it to dishonestly serve up (according to my adblocker) 53 adverts for every page, I'll save everyone the bandwidth of over 600 adverts by giving you the list :)

Norfolk Arms

8 Penistone Road Grenoside Sheffield S35 8QG

Food hygiene rating is '0': Urgent improvement necessary

05 December 2017

Marker Al Khartoum Restaurant

28 Ellesmere Road Sheffield S4 7JB

28 February 2017

Buttilicious

The Terminus Lowedges Road Sheffield S8 7LA

30 August 2017

Canton King

200 Middlewood Road Sheffield S6 1TD

03 May 2017

City Spice Takeaway

47 Mansfield Road Sheffield S12 2AG

13 February 2017

Cross Scythes

Baslow Road Sheffield S17 4AE

03 April 2017

Gringoz Pizza

328 Abbeydale Road Sheffield S7 1FN

10 April 2017

Myrtle News and Booze

360 Myrtle Road Sheffield S2 3HS

07 March 2017

Shaz

20-22 Spital Hill Sheffield S4 7LG

18 October 2017

Spice Junction

718 City Road Sheffield S2 1GJ

27 March 2017

Zing Vaa

55 The Moor Sheffield S1 4PF

08 August 2017

Note to Star - we understand why you have ads but multiple click through articles deceive advertisers as well as customers.

.......well done that person!

Very unfair the Star posting such a list given some of the dates on those inspections, things may have improved ten fold since then, do these premises have the right of reply?

They do.

All that they need to do is to run their establishment properly and then ask to be inspected again.

I’d say that the Star (for once) have done a bit of decent local journalism.

Guest makapaka
They do.

All that they need to do is to run their establishment properly and then ask to be inspected again.

Absolutely - how someone gets to it being the Star who is at fault i'll never know.

I just quickly searched for a couple of the restaurants and they are still listed at 0 rating. They obviously aren't overly concerned about getting their rating changed.

Zing Vaa???? Not been there since 1982 and it was very nice back then....I was wanting to go again actually

They do.

This.

Some of those ratings are close to a year old, if they haven't bothered to sort things out in that time they should be named and shamed.

its not necessarily bad hygiene it can also be for just the paperwork not in place for cleaning schedules, trace ability recorded cooking practices although i doubt this applies to all of these.

Doesn't seem to put people off going to the Canton King, I've never seen a take away so busy.

The Zing Vaa was the first Chinese I ever went to back in the 80's, the food was good but the staff were very odd.

Most chinese restaurant food is not fried as it says on menu . it is boiled and comes in a jar

so if you order fried beef and something its boiled. Very rubbery beef and chicken you can tell soon as they serve it not like it used to be .My mate used to deliver for a take away and said when you order chicken or beef its tipped out of a jar and boiled

The Cross Scythes has refuted the rating saying it was due to some missing paperwork from previous owners - this is always the problem with these things.

The Cross Scythes has refuted the rating saying it was due to some missing paperwork from previous owners - this is always the problem with these things.

I wonder why they haven’t asked to be re-inspected then. They’ve had 18 months to do so.