Council tree felling...

Is totally of their responsibility.

They are responsible for accepting and/or changing a system that allows excessive profiteering to go on.

I know for a fact that the current road maintenance is not of a standard that we are paying for.

Some will trot out that it is up to documented requirements.

I don't care.

I know that what is being done collapses within 18 months.

I have watched this go on both before and after PFI.

It is either incompetent or corrupt.

All PFI has the same impact.

Sorry. No trees in there, but ... hey yoo know.

Oh, I agree with all your points 100%.

I was under the impression though that the council were responsible, and that MPs have little input into things such as the amey mess....

So Sheffield's faceless wonders seem bent on trousering part of the profits of a major wildlife habitet still. What I cannot get is why these unidentified bods receive free money extorted under threat of citizens' arrest and imprisonment. Such a contentious and unpublicised " corporate vandalism " to quote our Lord Scriven, should be aired publicly and put to a vote. We are paying for this debacle. So let us have it out with those responsile. Who said democracy was how to elect your own dictator ? . . .

This is very true, lots of people have declared that they will not be voting Labour because of this- people who previously were Labour votors.

They are appalled at having seen elderly protestors manhandled and dragged off by Amey personel, at the council hiring private investigators to film and follow protestors, and, their use of injunctions threatening protestors with jail.

I don't see how what's happened can do anything but badly hurt Labour in the next local elections.

I can’t see it having any real effect on voting.

I know the tree felling is, to a minority, their whole life and it is effecting them badly. However to most of Sheffield it is something that is in the local media now and again and has no reason to interest them whatsoever. It’s a few trees in awkward locations some want to keep, some don’t and the majority don’t give a toss.

When it is shown on the news the only topic seems to be the behaviour of Amey, the Police or the protesters themselves.

Most people don’t care and definitely wouldn’t change their voting pattern for a few trees.

The vast majority of people I've spoken to are unhappy about the tree felling.

I haven't been to protests, it's not taken over my life, it's just something (else) that the council are doing that I disagree with.

But apparently so does everyone I work with and everyone I know. Not enough to go out and protest, but hopefully enough to vote against labour.

Guest makapaka
There are certain people on here that say Brian lodge never said that

If you go back through the thread it was established that there aren’t any penalties.

---------- Post added 03-02-2018 at 11:26 ----------

Is totally of their responsibility.

They are responsible for accepting and/or changing a system that allows excessive profiteering to go on.

I know for a fact that the current road maintenance is not of a standard that we are paying for.

Some will trot out that it is up to documented requirements.

I don't care.

I know that what is being done collapses within 18 months.

I have watched this go on both before and after PFI.

It is either incompetent or corrupt.

All PFI has the same impact.

Sorry. No trees in there, but ... hey yoo know.

Can you put something up here that evidences “what is being done collapses in 18 months” please.

---------- Post added 03-02-2018 at 11:27 ----------

So Sheffield's faceless wonders seem bent on trousering part of the profits of a major wildlife habitet still. What I cannot get is why these unidentified bods receive free money extorted under threat of citizens' arrest and imprisonment. Such a contentious and unpublicised " corporate vandalism " to quote our Lord Scriven, should be aired publicly and put to a vote. We are paying for this debacle. So let us have it out with those responsile. Who said democracy was how to elect your own dictator ? . . .

Can you put something on evidencing the extortion please.

The vast majority of people I've spoken to are unhappy about the tree felling.

I haven't been to protests, it's not taken over my life, it's just something (else) that the council are doing that I disagree with.

But apparently so does everyone I work with and everyone I know. Not enough to go out and protest, but hopefully enough to vote against labour.

I understand that but is the vast majority of people you have spoken to the vast majority of voters in Sheffield?

And as I say, is the issue of a few trees and the surrounding controversy enough in the big scheme of things enough for them to change their voting patterns?

Guest makapaka
I understand that but is the vast majority of people you have spoken to the vast majority of voters in Sheffield?

And as I say, is the issue of a few trees and the surrounding controversy enough in the big scheme of things enough for them to change their voting patterns?

Imagine basing your vote on some trees being replaced that you weren’t too happy about.....weird.

Which major wildlife habitat are we talking about? Trees planted in footpaths and roadside verges constitute a tiny proportion of wildlife habitat in the city.