Council tree felling...

7 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

The council will soon be recruiting teachers to teach the lessons to be learnt about the tree felling and container fiasco.

Containers still in Fargate yesterday.

We only need John Cleese and we could make some brilliant Sheffield comedies, using true life stories without anyone having to make them up.

Get Sheffield Council on the Palladium.

53 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

The council will soon be recruiting teachers to teach the lessons to be learnt about the tree felling and container fiasco.

Containers still in Fargate yesterday.

Don't expect the containers to be removed quickly. The people doing the job have to justify the cost. 

2 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

We only need John Cleese and we could make some brilliant Sheffield comedies, using true life stories without anyone having to make them up.

Get Sheffield Council on the Palladium.

That’s it! Forget Streets in the sky (Park hill). We could ask Michael Palin and Eric Idle to write a musical about the Sheffield Tree Felling shambles (I’m a lumberjack and I’m ok) and Fargate Container fiasco (Always look on the bright side of life).  

This would be instantly considered for a Tony award!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, prince al said:

That’s it! Forget Streets in the sky (Park hill). We could ask Michael Palin and Eric Idle to write a musical about the Sheffield Tree Felling shambles (I’m a lumberjack and I’m ok) and Fargate Container fiasco (Always look on the bright side of life).  

This would be instantly considered for a Tony award!

Hmmm... :huh:

I thought Mr Fox's name was Terry? :hihi:

So now we have official condemnation of the Councils behaviour in this case, and internal censure of another councillor (Mazher Iqbal) and yet no-one has done the honourable thing and resigned - you couldn't make it up!

A sad episode.

Edited by harvey19

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

So now we have official condemnation of the Councils behaviour in this case, and internal censure of another councillor (Mazher Iqbal) and yet no-one has done the honourable thing and resigned - you couldn't make it up!

The guys in charge, both Locally and Nationally, won't resign.

They have got used to giving us the run around and laughing at us because, with our stupid political system, we can't do anything about it until election time.

To make it worse, somebody else can then take over and treat us the same, knowing that we are still helpless.

They are supposedly there to represent US.  They do the opposite and we have no way to remove failed politicians and council officers who go against our wishes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

The guys in charge, both Locally and Nationally, won't resign.

They have got used to giving us the run around and laughing at us because, with our stupid political system, we can't do anything about it until election time.

To make it worse, somebody else can then take over and treat us the same, knowing that we are still helpless.

They are supposedly there to represent US.  They do the opposite and we have no way to remove failed politicians and council officers who go against our wishes.

Off topic, but what would you replace it with?

10 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Off topic, but what would you replace it with?

I've always thought that we should be able to remove politicians, both local and national, when a certain percentage of the electorate want the politicians behaviour to be reviewed.

The very fact that they could be open to review, would be enough to make them think again, when it's clear that the public are not happy, as in the tree saga.

I'm sure it would be very rare that a politician would carry on and go through the whole exercise to remove them when pulled for review.

I'm waiting for a certain defender of all things SCC-inspired to come on here and (try to) defend them, but I'm guessing it will be a long wait.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1