Who to replace Carlos?

Seems like a nice bloke Carlos and he almost got you there, but just couldn't get over the line. Maybe made the wrong choices at critical times. From recent interviews it seems the situation is telling on him.

From a Blades point of view he could stay forever, but i suspect you owls know now he is unlikely to meet Chansiri's desire of promotion. I can't see it getting much better, team need a refresh, and with talent you have at your disposal, things should be much better.

Well done to Carlos but i fear his moment has now passed.

Yeah, something has to be done, we are down to our last 36 games.:D

Yeah, something has to be done, we are down to our last 36 games.:D

I questioned last season coming up to the play offs whether you should stick or twist, as Carlos' ability to get you up was looking unlikely. Same still applies it seems. Don't take this as a dig, it's a genuine observation,

Guest sibon
Someone online earlier suggested Ancelotti. What you reckon?

Behave.

You get a lucky derby win and you get all giddy :D

'I've said all along we should have got XXXXXXXXXX'

'Carlos has got to go'

'He's doing a good job at Barnsley'

'Get Dean Smith from Brentford'

I'll say here and now, I'm not pushing for the removal of Carlos. I know he can get us playing like Barcelona (I've seen it, Google 42 passes against Forest)

If the Carlos of 2 seasons ago returns, then that'll do for me.

At the moment, I wouldn't pay him in brass washers. I don't know why we're 'not good' at the moment, but we're a bit 'rubbish'.

Someone said 'you can only play as well as the other team let you play'

Oh yeah? Birmingham???????? Get real. I don't remember 'Real S2' stopping us playing either.

We've had 5 managers at Wednesday in the last 6 months.

We had the one who allowed Derby to go one up at Hillsborough late last season. Then we had Manager 2 who took over in the same game, who outplayed and walloped Derby for 30 minutes to get back to 2-1. The first manager then took charge for the rest of the game and we 'hung on'. In fact, for two of our wins, Manager One was sat in the stands with me (Not really, but almost)

Manager 1 held on for the next 6 or 7 games or so, and we did ok. Then, United came to town and rattled us 2-0 within 15 minutes. Whilst Manager 1 had his back turned, we got back to 2-1. At Half Time, we brought in a new Manager (No 3) who scared the wits out of 'Real S2' and we marched on back to 2-2. Clever, incisive, penetrative football that had the Blades on the ropes, and brickin' it. This new Manager left after 20 minutes (is this a World Record?) and Manager 1 took the reins yet again.

Yet another new Manager (Manager 4) has a Press Conference messing around with a £20 note and having passion coming out of his earholes (along with some steam and some other stuff).

Manager 4 had the night off against Birmingham, and Manager 5 was put in charge. We lost 1-0 to Birmingham Ladies.

My question is, and I want a definitive answer, no fiddle faddle, no wishy washy, which Manager do Owls fans (I said Owls fans) want to take the seat and use it for the next 5 years?

At the moment, I really wish Chris Wilder was a Wednesday fan, but as he isn't, I'll go for my long term favourite Glen Hoddle. It WON'T be Glen Hoddle, but he's the man for me.

I'd really like to choose between Manager 2 and Manager 3 (Played 2, won 2 .............. easily, but they didn't hang around very long.

So come on Owls, should Chansiri fire the bullet, which tactical, awesome Genius do you want to take the reins?

You're a strange one. That has to be one of the most bizarre postings ever !

You stated t'other day that (Manager 1, 2 or 4a ?) had United on the ropes for 20 Minutes after halftime and that United " never had a kick"!

That wasn't my recollection, so checked it again today. Very enjoyable. Within the time stated, when United " never had a kick" they actually had five attacks including having the ball in the net ( given offside).

I just put it in the interest of accuracy.

Cheers

Ps Could you do us a favour on Sunday against one of our promotion rivals ?

Behave.

You get a lucky derby win and you get all giddy :D[/quote

I'm an Owl and how were the Blades lucky ? They won fair and square. (square being Wednesday's defence.)

Behave.

You get a lucky derby win and you get all giddy :D

Lucky it wasn't 2-6 :hihi:

---------- Post added 29-09-2017 at 18:39 ----------

yup, weve been pants at the start of the last two seasons, we were higher placed this, but weve slackened off a bit now.

Im veering to the sack carlos for one reason, i think hes plateaud, even if we did creep into the playoffs we actually havent got a hope in hell of actually doing it. its the law of diminishing returns.

Not sure what but we just dont seem to play consistently well and its baffeling, we do have some exceptional players, and most have played excellently together before.

I will say theres a few i really think we ballsed up on buying (Reach, Rhodes, Jones, Pudil, Hunt) to name four.

And really shouldve got rid of a few like Nuiu

" hes plateaud" ?

If you're going to use Portuguese could you at least use google translate !

Cheers

On a different note I actually reckon Wednesday will be there at the death come the end of the season. Carlos is only under pressure because the Blades are doing well, really well actually, and he has just lost the derby.

You'll probably beat Leeds

All Sheffield aren't we !

Lucky it wasn't 2-6 :hihi:

---------- Post added 29-09-2017 at 18:39 ----------

[/color

" hes plateaud" ?

If you're going to use Portuguese could you at least use google translate !

Cheers

On a different note I actually reckon Wednesday will be there at the death come the end of the season. Carlos is only under pressure because the Blades are doing well, really well actually, and he has just lost the derby.

You'll probably beat Leeds

All Sheffield aren't we !

I have no problem understanding what " he's plateaud" means - and I believe the origin of the word is French,not Portuguese!

I have no problem understanding what " he's plateaud" means - and I believe the origin of the word is French,not Portuguese!

he tried a "joke" rather than actually talk about the footballing aspect :roll:

Guest sibon

I'm an Owl and how were the Blades lucky ? They won fair and square. (square being Wednesday's defence.)

I thought that the phrasing and the massive grinny face made it quite obvious that I was joking.

Ah well

CC First season Was good attacking football but last season n this has been poor But fans are expected to pay more for tickets, kits etc Fans want to see effort,passion pride .CC SAYS the darby was just another game ??? REALLY . Then says brum game players will put things right ?? swfc hav attacking players but don't seem to have a attacking manager , Ruud Gulit, Hoddle are a few names id like

Let me just say again, I'm not after CC getting sacked.

I'm asking that if he is (like a lot seem to want him to be) then who would these Guillotine Operators put in charge instead? Most haven't got a clue but expect Chansiri to pull one out of the hat.

It's not going to be easy to find better than CC that's for sure.

I just want CC to revert to CC 2015, and be quick about it.

It's like his twin brother has been put in charge this season.

It's funny how some people 'saw' United 'playing like Real Madrid', but didn't see them building a brick wall and chasing shadows for 20 minutes when 'the other team' showed up. Ian the Blade on Football Heaven for a start. What an arrogant person he is. United did have the ball for a couple of minutes, so let's say they were marmalised for just 18 minutes, not 20 as I said before.

I hope that when 'Brian The Blade' does his naked run, it's extremely dark and on a Sunday morning.

If attacks won games, we'd probably have won the Derby. But that's all water under the bridge now.

Back to the present eh?

Edited by Hotmale 1954