Goodbye to Uber??

If only Sheffield taxis were as skilled as the London Black cabbies. Most sheff taxi drivers have problems finding a street a half mile from the city centre.. London cabs know streets like 8 or 9 miles+ away .. best cab drivers in the world tbh. Say no to uber

Edited by WestTinsley

My wish: A compromise in London will be worked out in which Uber will improve its procedures for safety and for the driver's benefit; but they'll allowed to be able to operate. And that this is adopted in Sheffield as well.

My wish: A compromise in London will be worked out in which Uber will improve its procedures for safety and for the driver's benefit; but they'll allowed to be able to operate. And that this is adopted in Sheffield as well.

Sheffield have no control over private hire vehicles, licenced elsewhere, operating in Sheffield.

I bet all black cab fares go up by 20% next week now that they have their monopoly back.

I bet all black cab fares go up by 20% next week now that they have their monopoly back.

I doubt it, TfL is responsible for reviewing and setting taxi fares and tariffs.

If only Sheffield taxis were as skilled as the London Black cabbies. Most sheff taxi drivers have problems finding a street a half mile from the city centre.. London cabs know streets like 8 or 9 miles+ away .. best cab drivers in the world tbh. Say no to uber

they may be skilled but they are still a rip off, go Uber bring Taxi transport in to the 21st century

If 3.5 million Londoners are using Uber surely Transport for London would be better off making sure there is a tighter regulatory process for Uber and making sure they follow it rather than just shutting them down altogether.

It's worth noting that one of the plaintiffs in the court case against Uber re unfair employment practises has criticised this decision.

To be fair to TfL they have been signalling this for a long time. It seems to me from what I've read that Uber have put more effort into lobbying against the threat of their licence being revoked than they have into sorting out their internal problems and cavalier business practices that have led to the decision in the first place. Perhaps if they'd got their priorities straight they could have averted this.

I think I'm against this decision, but I'm probably not fully versed on the ins and outs of the situation.

I don't use Uber regularly, however the times I have I have found the experience easier and more enjoyable (if that is the right word) than using a black cab. For a start, I like the fact that I know exactly what it'll cost me, and that I can pay on my phone. It's also more convenient - they come to the door and I know exactly the route they will take etc.

The people working for them aren't being forced to do so.

What monopoly?

All the London minicab firms have been chugging alongside uber, and many of the uber drivers are registered with minicab firms as well.

40,000 drivers are not suddenly going to be out of work

Is it only London thats lost its license?

I guess Sadiq Khan didnt get his fat envelope full of cash.

Is it only London thats lost its license?

I guess Sadiq Khan didnt get his fat envelope full of cash.

What on earth are you on about?