Pubs chain bans swearing

No need for it.

The odd expletive when getting excited about something is fairly common, but if it's every other word it's not good.

The swear box in my local would have to be the size of a skip and thats just for the ladies.

Anybody remember people being fined with their name on front page of "The Star" for using obscene language? Would be about the fifties.

The brewery's non swearing policy notice has now been removed from my local Sam Smiths pub,not that anyone took a blind bit of notice of it.The one about not playing with outside toys remains.

Is the idiot trying to destroy his business ?

What a fool. most pubs have already been destroyed by the owners turning them into " family pubs" where they let kids in . They banned smoking in the ale house , ban swearing and they might as well pull the shutters down and call it a day.

What next , ban farting in pubs ?

complete stupidity.

---------- Post added 30-06-2017 at 19:33 ----------

The swear box in my local would have to be the size of a skip and thats just for the ladies.

sounds like my local, but we wouldnt want it any other way :hihi::hihi:

I would have thought that having to drink any of Samuel Smiths products would induce swearing in anyone.

Well I left the Country many years ago. but if it's the same stuff, I agree wholeheartedly.:gag:

---------- Post added 30-06-2017 at 16:06 ----------

Is the idiot trying to destroy his business ?

What a fool. most pubs have already been destroyed by the owners turning them into " family pubs" where they let kids in . They banned smoking in the ale house , ban swearing and they might as well pull the shutters down and call it a day.

What next , ban farting in pubs ? complete stupidity.

---------- Post added 30-06-2017 at 19:33 ----------

sounds like my local, but we wouldnt want it any other way :hihi::hihi:

You wouldn't dare risk farting in a Sam Smiths pub or a Wards house , for that matter, unless you were already at the back.:hihi:

---------- Post added 30-06-2017 at 16:09 ----------

Yes, wasn't the old Black Swan (Snig Hill) a Sam Smith's place ?. That beer was vile !

Yes it was Black Velvets for me in there. The Squirrel at Dinnington was too. Great bands on, but horrible beer.

Well I left the Country many years ago. but if it's the same stuff, I agree wholeheartedly.:gag:

---------- Post added 30-06-2017 at 16:06 ----------

You wouldn't dare risk farting in a Sam Smiths pub or a Wards house , for that matter, unless you were already at the back.:hihi:

my local opened in 1962 and a few locals found out the hard way not to trump after supping loads of taddy.

Called in the Millhouses last weekend and 3 blokes sat at bar,mid fifties and nearly every other word was the f word,I may be old fashioned but I don't like to hear it all the time.

You are right, some people use the F word just for the sake of it. Nothing wrong using it as an exclamation or in a funny joking kind of manner, however, but 5 times per sentence is a bit much. lol

Their lager is enough to make anyone swear!

Yes, wasn't the old Black Swan (Snig Hill) a Sam Smith's place ?. That beer was vile !

i believe the clash played there for their first show outside of london? supporting the pistols

Sam Smiths and Wetherspoons are the cheapest prices in the pub trade. There is a connection.

Wetherspoons fight the good fight most of the time and continuously try to reduce the effin' and jeffin'. I am a big fan of the chain but find it annoying that the smokers and swearers gather near the entrance and near the bar so its difficult to avoid them. Usually their premises are so big that sanctuary can be found in distant corners, but it shouldn't be like that.

I suspect that Smiths are challenged by their regulars and the PLO of the premises in question was forced into his decision. Some regulars of every pub think they control it just because they put their money over the bar.

I remember when the Lady's Bridge reopened after a refurb with a new 'No Swearing' policy. It caused a problem for a while but management won through in the end.

The no swearing policy works well for the Kelham Island Tavern pub, it all depends on the customer as to what sort of surrounds he feels comfortable in.

Sam Smiths pubs are often mainly catering for elderly drinkers anyhow in my experience. More like a care home with an alcohol license.

It would probably suit them to have no swearing or anyone under 70 allowed in.