The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Guest sibon
Good to know, see you then. :D

If we still have access to the internet

Will you give it a rest with your fact based reporting and reasoned analysis?

The people are emotional, ignorant and misinformed: that is the fundamental basis of our democratic system.

Which reminds me: whatever happened to Unbeliever?

He last posted just before the general election. I mean, I'm not saying he's hiding or owt, obviously.

From the Queen's Speech:

My ministers will ensure that the United Kingdom’s leading role on the world stage is maintained and enhanced as it leaves the European Union.

As a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council, committed to spending zero point seven per cent of national income on international development, my government will continue to drive international efforts that increase global security and project British values around the world.

I thought this was rather interesting. A subtle reminder that as we leave the EU we maintain a privileged standing on the global stage as permanent members of the UN security council. This was clearly not intended for a domestic audience. Perhaps a gentle reminder to our friends in Berlin that they yield no power when it comes to the UN Sec Council.

From the Queen's Speech:

I thought this was rather interesting. A subtle reminder that as we leave the EU we maintain a privileged standing on the global stage as permanent members of the UN security council. This was clearly not intended for a domestic audience. Perhaps a gentle reminder to our friends in Berlin that they yield no power when it comes to the UN Sec Council.

And what power it is! Effectively stopped wars all over the world. Brought peace and prosperity to all and sundry!

Much more effective than the EU ever was in achieving the same goals in Europe...

All that clause showed was that Britain does a great job kidding itself it is still relevant even outside the EU.

And what power it is! Effectively stopped wars all over the world. Brought peace and prosperity to all and sundry!

Much more effective than the EU ever was in achieving the same goals in Europe...

All that clause showed was that Britain does a great job kidding itself it is still relevant even outside the EU.

Strange that int it!! as it seems that millions from Countries World wide as well as Europe are wanting to live here.

Britain is as relevant or irrelevant as any of the 50 or so countries that signed the charter, and the work it does extends beyond trying to keep peace and don't forget, many EU countries share the same peacekeeping responsibilities under the UN flag.

Strange that int it!! as it seems that millions from Countries World wide as well as Europe are wanting to live here.

Where as British people never ever move to other countries to live/work/retire/get health care/broaden their horizons e.t.c.

From the Queen's Speech:

I read it more as indicating that we are still going to be spending lots of money on international aid (which is something many brexiters object to) and a justification why for that domestic audience.

I'm sure Germany is comfortable not having a permanent position in the UN security council. Besides which, if they really do dictate what happens with the rest of the EU27 as some brexiters claim, they could just tell France what to say with their permanent position. ;)

wanted, samssong.

You should be pleased, no? :)

Funny how you justify anything because of migration. Almost like you gravitate that way so much that you don't care about anything else. 'Irrelevant! Immigrants!'

What a shame it will be when you realise you sold the NHS, workers rights, social security, the right to housing etc etc down the Swanney just so you could stop immigrants.

Tell me Samssong, what does your life in the UK look like in ten years?

Fruit grower interviewed on R4 today: supported and voted Leave for 'sovereignty', has 2500 workers entirely from Europe, says his business will fail if he cannot have them in 2019...

...I mean, really?

HaHaHaHaHaHaHa! :lol:

Edited by L00b
changed Twitter link to actual R4 interview link

Where as British people never ever move to other countries to live/work/retire/get health care/broaden their horizons e.t.c.

Not in the numbers that want to live here.

London for example is now a Foreign Country masquerading as Englands Capital City.

Visitors who need to experience a more balanced outlook of our Country need to spread their wings North of Watford these days.