Dream location Sheffield

I worked in Snaithing Grange in the late 70's early 80's...

Hi truman,

Was it still used by the NCB Marketing Dept in your time there?

echo.

Hi truman,

Was it still used by the NCB Marketing Dept in your time there?

echo.

Nope,it was an IT company...

Not sure which house you're referring to? I didn't post a link to anything.

Apologies, quoted the wrong post, it was early.

My reply was to Xsf7 and his link.

Apologies, quoted the wrong post, it was early.

My reply was to xsf7 and his link.

Ah, yes. It's important to consider where your guests will...go. The description says there is a WC on the ground floor (utility) but this isn't shown on the floorplan.

It's always a compromise.

I'd be happy to be in a more rural location, like the Mayfield Valley for example, but there's also a lot to be said for having lots of facilities on your doorstep, which is why the likes of Fulwood, Dore, Ranmoor, score well.

Why, what facilities do they have that other areas don't?

Why, what facilities do they have that other areas don't?

Well, it's about opinions at the end of the day, and my opinion is that the likes of Fulwood and Dore (less so Ranmoor) are village communities. Whereas some other, still very nice areas, don't.

We have friends at Whirlow and Ringinglow for example. Very nice areas, but they need to take a car to go anywhere because they don't have the range of local shops and facilities like you can find in Fulwood or Dore.

Does that answer it for you or would you like to argue the opposite again?:hihi:

Well, you seem to have a bit of a fixation on Totley and Dore and whilst they are nice, I wouldn't recommend that anyone live there who needs to travel daily to the North.

There are equally nice locations to the North which have exactly the same facilities.

If that's where you'd prefer to live though, I can't argue with that, we all have personal preferences.

I've never understood the fawning over Totley. Lots of it is bland and even unattractive estate type housing, a long way from the city centre if you want access to it and it has a drab and dreary parade of shops. Not for me.

I've never understood the fawning over Totley. Lots of it is bland and even unattractive estate type housing, a long way from the city centre if you want access to it and it has a drab and dreary parade of shops. Not for me.

I agree. A lot of supposedly desirable areas are too far out of town and have very limited local amenities Fulwood/Lodge Moor, Dore, Whirlow etc. Dull, dull dull!

Fulwood and Dore both have loads of amenities - so it's easy to understand why they are popular locations. Totley is a bit grim and Lodge Moor seems soulless to me - but some people might like the quiteness.

My wife grew up in totley, I grew up in Stannington, we now live in a quiet estate in Wharncliffe Side, We would not swap it for totley or dore, ever. I love North Sheffield.