Ukippers voting Tory?

As a UKipper I will be giving my vote to the Tory's, simple decision really. UKip are now a spent force, and only the Conservatives are dedicated to removing us from the corrupt institution that is the EU, so it's a no brainer.

Angel1.

---------- Post added 16-05-2017 at 15:54 ----------

Not really a consideration in South Yorkshire, JC on Calendar last night and one of the presenters showed him a constituency map of the last election results (Red, blue or orange) for South/West Yorkshire and asked him what he would do if they all turned from red to blue, I thought, there's more chance of me being Britain's next man in space, than any in SY changing to blue.

I would think the only possible change in South Yorkshire might be in our local seat of Sheffield Hallam and that would be orange to red, not blue.

IMHO.

Get your space suit ready, you never know.

Angel1.

There's no chance of us not leaving the EU, we had a referendum.

The only difference is that Labour will negotiate and Tory/UKIP will not even approach the negotiating table until their demands are met.

Labour and Tory cannot negotiate anything until the EU have decided on what is up for negotiating. Its the EU council that will draw up the initial guidelines and the EU Council will the approve them. I cant understand why May thinks otherwise. Its only once those guidelines are approved and voted on can the UK then do any negotiating.

Labour and Tory cannot negotiate anything until the EU have decided on what is up for negotiating. Its the EU council that will draw up the initial guidelines and the EU Council will the approve them. I cant understand why May thinks otherwise. Its only once those guidelines are approved and voted on can the UK then do any negotiating.
Already done

The draft EU guidelines were leaked on/around 22 March 2017.

The EU guidelines were officially validated by the EU Council on 29 April 2017.

We'd be in the thick of it already, if it wasn't for the UK GE.

I thought, there's more chance of me being Britain's next man in space, than any in SY changing to blue...

I don't know. With the magnitude and proliferation of the stupidity over the EU, almost anything could happen. And I have seen former Labour supporters actively planning to vote against Corbyn in order to get rid of him (though that was before the election was called).

Already done

The draft EU guidelines were leaked on/around 22 March 2017.

The EU guidelines were officially validated by the EU Council on 29 April 2017.

We'd be in the thick of it already, if it wasn't for the UK GE.

Thanks for that and the links, its a pity that there are no details of the proposals in those 10 pages. :thumbsup:

Apologies, didnt read the second link before posting..

Now that Ukip seems to be a spent force, (Paul Nuttall hasn't helped,) will all those Ukippers now be voting Tory?

And will the Conservatives happily accept the far right wing voters into their midst?

What effect will it have on the Conservative party to be infiltrated by far right ideologies? Will they be moving even further to the right?

Why shouldn't the Conservative party accept any vote for them? After all the Labour Party accepted the loony left as members, and you are asking will UKIP voters vote Tory not join the party.

A fairly typical post from you, implying that UKIP voters are right wing, it might come as news to you but I suspect that the majority of UKIP voters are like me, someone who voted labour since the 60s until Gordon Brown became PM.

And yes I will be voting Conservative.

After seeing the totally unfunded manifesto where Labour would be scattering money around like confetti I can't see any alternative.

The money (if any) raised on extra taxes will have been spent many times over.

Don't you remember the last time Labour raised taxes and the wealthy just left the country, or when Callaghan came back from a trip abroad when the public service unions were all on strike, rubbish not collected from the streets, people unable to arrange funerals and he said 'crisis, what crisis?'

That led to Margaret Thatcher spending years as PM because Labour were totally unelectable, and this situation looks like a repeat of that to me.

But of course the left aren't bothered about that because they've got the lovely Jeremy as leader.

Edited by gomgeg

UKIP was finished the day the referendum result was announced. Paradoxically, if the vote had gone the other way, the party would probably still be very much in business. Electing a chump like Nuttall has probably accelerated its demise. Losing the money from the UKIP MEPs when we leave the EU will be the final financial nail in UKIP's coffin.

Now that Ukip seems to be a spent force, (Paul Nuttall hasn't helped,) will all those Ukippers now be voting Tory?

UKIP were always the protest vote and anti-immigration, do Tories believe or want to lower/stop immigration more than other parties?

Why Not? Vote Leave welcomed bigots and racists votes with open arms.

Just like the Remoaners welcoming Geldoff, Helena Bonham Carter, Karren Brady, Emma Thompson, Tracey Emin, Eddie Izzard, Arsene Wenger, Elton John, Jo Brand, Paloma Faith, Vivienne Westwood, David Beckham and Simon Cowell into their ranks. Make what you will of these clowns.

Angel1.