Theresa May wants to bring back fox-hunting

Guest sibon
Fox Hunting is alive and well here on Exmoor and many other parts of the west country. The meets just aren't publicised like they used to be.

You should be a good citizen and report them then.

You should be a good citizen and report them then.

Personally I don't agree with fox hunting, but it is the 'country way', has been for generations and for whatever reasons will continue regardless. I have to live here and can understand their decisions to continue with this regardless of my views, right or wrong.

It is very different in the city to widely condemn this practice, as with badger cull but you have to consider the farmers making a living and the scourge of the fox and TB from Badgers has to be considered.

What i meant was why wasn't it publicised in the press - is it because readers don't want to see it and would rather condemn a whole party (where more are against than for) about killing a scavenging wild animal.

Weak.

Beyond.

Belief.

Personally I don't agree with fox hunting, but it is the 'country way', has been for generations and for whatever reasons will continue regardless. I have to live here and can understand their decisions to continue with this regardless of my views, right or wrong.

It is very different in the city to widely condemn this practice, as with badger cull but you have to consider the farmers making a living and the scourge of the fox and TB from Badgers has to be considered.

It's hardly a scourge though. Surveys have shown that they lose far more lambs through disease, starvation and still borns than predation and that includes dogs.

Hunting is limited to a few areas and being naive I'd like to think it's as much to do with changing opinions (questionnaires have shown that most farmers don't have a problem with the fox) as it is with the law.

DEFRA's advice is to pen the ewes during lambing season but they don't.

Any argument that rests on tradition to continue doing something when there are good arguments to stop, is an argument lost.

Slavery was traditional. Women not voting was traditional, punishing homosexuality was traditional. But we stopped doing all those things. Animal cruelty should be stopped as well.

Having a free vote, is not the same as something in a manifesto. The title thread is misleading in my opinion.

Fox hunting should never have been banned. Foxes are vermin who kill livestock like chickens and lambs.

And you can of course prove that chasing them around the countryside on horses wearing red coats with a pack of rabid out of control dogs stops them doing that?

And you can of course prove that chasing them around the countryside on horses wearing red coats with a pack of rabid out of control dogs stops them doing that?

Brilliant, I'm looking forward to the response to that.

Having a free vote, is not the same as something in a manifesto. The title thread is misleading in my opinion.

Why is there going to be a vote?

Is the issue not comprehensively settled with a vast majority of the population against reintroduction?

Why vote?

Think about it and you'll realise the title is near perfect.

Why is there going to be a vote?

Is the issue not comprehensively settled with a vast majority of the population against reintroduction?

Why vote?

Think about it and you'll realise the title is near perfect.

What point are you trying to make? The article states there will be a free vote. Most likely a majority of members of parliament will vote against the reintroduction of fox hunting and then the issue will be settled by those who make the laws.

Fox Hunting, Grouse shouting, Unemployment, Housing and Crime. The Tories have always had their priorities!

What point are you trying to make? The article states there will be a free vote. Most likely a majority of members of parliament will vote against the reintroduction of fox hunting and then the issue will be settled by those who make the laws.

If it's going to be voted down what is the point of the vote?

Why do it?