Where do you expect the blades to finish in the championship?

Personally feel that SUFC have the manager to do a job in the Championship.

However my personal feelings are that Billy will not get on well in the Championship as his track record states. It's a very real possibility that he will be down the pecking order when a new striker comes in.

The exact same thing happened with us when we went up with Gary Madine, thought he would bang the goals in but quickly found out his level is League 1.

The 'how much do you need to spend' in the championship and been squashed this year with Barnsley and Huddersfield. However to be fully competitive you need to spend 15M and above to be consistent. We shall see what Huddersfield and Barnsley do next season.

Fully expect SUFC to finish around 11th, which for them in their first season back will be a tremendous effort.

I think we will do fairly well if we can adapt to the pace and power of the championship.

We need a few new signings, striker, full back, centre half- but i trust wilder to get it right.

Lower mid-table i think.

Personally feel that SUFC have the manager to do a job in the Championship.

However my personal feelings are that Billy will not get on well in the Championship as his track record states. It's a very real possibility that he will be down the pecking order when a new striker comes in.

The exact same thing happened with us when we went up with Gary Madine, thought he would bang the goals in but quickly found out his level is League 1.

The 'how much do you need to spend' in the championship and been squashed this year with Barnsley and Huddersfield. However to be fully competitive you need to spend 15M and above to be consistent. We shall see what Huddersfield and Barnsley do next season.

Fully expect SUFC to finish around 11th, which for them in their first season back will be a tremendous effort.

I do not understand where the opinion that Sharp cannot perform in the championship comes from, he did not do brilliantly at Leeds but a couple of fans I spoke too said he was unlucky as he started really well but then the manager started playing as the lone striker which did not work for him. He has performed well in the championship with Southampton he scored 19 goals in the champ in 2012. He scored 11 in 40 for Forest (not as good but not as bad as people are making out).

I do not understand where the opinion that Sharp cannot perform in the championship comes from, he did not do brilliantly at Leeds but a couple of fans I spoke too said he was unlucky as he started really well but then the manager started playing as the lone striker which did not work for him. He has performed well in the championship with Southampton he scored 19 goals in the champ in 2012. He scored 11 in 40 for Forest (not as good but not as bad as people are making out).

I suppose quoting a player as being unlucky is a double edged sword. There is a fine line of being unlucky and then not being able to make it in the championship.

To me an unlucky player is somebody who is plagued by injuries and does not reach their full potential. The majority of championship goals are scored by a striker that can be defined as a poacher like Murray, Mccormack, Hooper, Holt, Wood. Just cannot see Sharp living up to the likes of the above names.

However it will remain to be seen, if we ( SWFC ) don't go up then I will be looking very forward to the derby.

I must admit im a blade and i don't think he will do as well next year, the defences are too switched on and I think we will play a different system that won't suit him as much.

That season you mention was over 5 years ago which is a long time for a striker.

Saying that i hope he proves me wrong and bangs in 30 goals :hihi:

It isn't odd at all, all they have done is have a pop at their bigger brother, it's been a while since they've been in sight of us, we'd be exactly the same, and Mcrob and Sharpe are blades anyway so why expect anything less.

Be funny if we pulled off the promotion though, waving at them as we stay a league above.. TA-RA.

---------- Post added 13-04-2017 at 12:39 ----------

The decent banter on this section has long gone, over modded and button n pushers from both sides seem to have spoiled the best section on SF.

It wouldn't be funny to me,it wouldn't make any difference to me whatsoever,I don't judge my team on where Wednesday are,we've done our job this season to get where we want to be,nothing to do with where Wednesday are or where they might be,I'll be on the beach by the time they do or don't do anything,so whatever they do,it won't be spoiling my summer.

It wouldn't be funny to me,it wouldn't make any difference to me whatsoever,I don't judge my team on where Wednesday are,we've done our job this season to get where we want to be,nothing to do with where Wednesday are or where they might be,I'll be on the beach by the time they do or don't do anything,so whatever they do,it won't be spoiling my summer.

Well said that man that supports Sheffield second best team!!

Sharp for me is not a championship forward, but I hope he proves me wrong.

United will do ok next season, but nothing great. But I don't see us in a relegation battle either.

We need to bring at least 6 new players in to make the team stronger and more capable.

We need 2 new forwards in that 6 too.

United will do ok next season, but nothing great. But I don't see us in a relegation battle either.

We need to bring at least 6 new players in to make the team stronger and more capable.

There ain't much in reserve strikerwise if Sharp is out or not scoring.

I think we need to concentrate on quality rather than quantity next season,with the quality on specific areas of the team that Wilder thinks are key areas that need to be strengthened.Unless we are going to carry a big squad,which we might,I can't see him letting go anybody who he brought in this season,and a few other too who he inherited,unless he decides to be particularly ruthless.There are obvious ones who he will let go to make room for better quality,but we need team ready players in some cases,not squad ready,so some from this season may get a chance to prove they can step up,but if they can't we need players who can step in and do the job.I still think the priority is defence,and a defensive minded holding midfield player to protect the back 3 or 4,one of good quality who can get around the pitch and firefight when we are under the cosh.