How far will the rise of nationalistic populism go ?

What are you on about 'homegrown industry coming back to our shores'?

Where is it now?,why is the EU stopping it?why are the workers of Britain not realising the potential of Britain now?Why isn't everybody knuckling down already?

It seems like you have some idea of a long lost Utopia coming back.

We lost our industries due to the strong pound and cheap imported products,the pound dropping in value and leaving the eu will help bring it back.And nothings happening because i am afraid we haven't quite left the EU yet but we are edging closer to it.

---------- Post added 12-02-2017 at 13:17 ----------

You mean we should accept a lower standard of living and a reduced quality of life, purely so Farage and his like can swan about the country sneering at everyone.

I never thought Englishmen would accept such nonsense, but some of us seem to be reveling in the thought of poverty, and restrictions on our way of life.

I have worked all my life to see us reduced to the vassal of the USA, and it both saddens me, and sickens me, to see what these Tories have reduced our country to, in less than a decade.

What scum they are.

Has i said earlier why do you keep insinuating that i support the tories,i dont,i have never voted for them in my life.You must be one of the labour old guard who believes that if you are not labour you are a tory.Why will our way of lives be restricted.We will not be barred from travelling to the EU and i doubt we will be barred from working there if you have a job to go to.

Edited by area 51

We lost our industries due to the strong pound and cheap imported products,the pound dropping in value and leaving the eu will help bring it back.And nothings happening because i am afraid we haven't quite left the EU yet but we are edging closer to it.

Has i said earlier why do you keep insinuating that i support the tories,i dont,i have never voted for them in my life.You must be one of the labour old guard who believes that if you are not labour you are a tory.Why will our way of lives be restricted.We will not be barred from travelling to the EU and i doubt we will be barred from working there if you have a job to go to.

Why didn't the UK government do something then?,is it not their job to have policies that control the pound and combat cheap imports,or are they just there to blame everything and everybody else?

Was everybody in the UK waiting for decades for a Brexit vote and then they going to decide to knuckle down?

Edited by chalga

I am not implying anything, your political stance is of no concern to me. I am just answering comments made.

Our movement will be restricted, as we will have to pay higher fares, our money will be worth even less than this government has made it already, we will need visas (probably), and we will be the poor man, and laughing stock of Europe.

Have you not seen the contempt May and Farage are held in by the Europeans.

it is going to be difficult live down the buffoon image they have portrayed Englishmen as.

Edited by Jacktari

Why didn't the UK government do something then?,is it not their job to have policies that control the pound and combat cheap imports,or are they just there to blame everything and everybody else?

They didn't do anything because it wasn't in their interest to do anything about it.The global economy seemed to be working well for them until the inevitable world financial collapse.The fact some people had seen their quality of life drop significantly didn't bother them, just give them plenty of low interest credit to make them feel like they were better off.The only snag came when the banks ran out of money and the poor couldnt pay them back.I do not think the EU would have let britain ban cheap imported products from the EU,do you?.

They didn't do anything because it wasn't in their interest to do anything about it.The global economy seemed to be working well for them until the inevitable world financial collapse.The fact some people had seen their quality of life drop significantly didn't bother them, just give them plenty of low interest credit to make them feel like they were better off.The only snag came when the banks ran out of money and the poor couldnt pay them back.I do not think the EU would have let britain ban cheap imported products from the EU,do you?.

The eu wanted to put tariffs on Chinese steel - everyone agreed apart one member who vetoed it. The UK.

OK,so Brexit is the answer to this post.:hihi:

You mean EU imported products now,not 'cheap imported products' like you said originally?

The eu wanted to put tariffs on Chinese steel - everyone agreed apart one member who vetoed it. The UK.

Thats typical of the governments we always get in this country.They should all be tried for treason.

---------- Post added 12-02-2017 at 14:03 ----------

OK,so Brexit is the answer to this post.:hihi:

You mean EU imported products now,not 'cheap imported products' like you said originally?

If we had a strong government we would place tariffs on all cheap imported products but they haven't got the bottle to do it.Cutting out cheap products from the EU will be a start.

Thats typical of the governments we always get in this country.They should all be tried for treason.

---------- Post added 12-02-2017 at 14:03 ----------

If we had a strong government we would place tariffs on all cheap imported products but they haven't got the bottle to do it.Cutting out cheap products from the EU will be a start.

Any cheap Eu products in mind?

That shows up one major problem with negotiating anything in the EU. It tries to act as a single entity when its not, especially as only 9 of the EU members produce steel in any quantity. Germany, Italy and Spain produce the most with the UK in 2012 only producing around 6%. In reality we are only one out of 28, and it seems it only takes one to veto any deal.