Concessionary bus pass use before 9.30 a.m..

Guest busdriver1
Hi all i called SYPT today and they said it was ok so long as you could show your

appointment letter to the driver.They advised me to use Stagecoach as there seems to be a problem with First.

The problem is a simple one.

THEY HAVE NOT BEEN TOLD !

The problem is a simple one.

THEY HAVE NOT BEEN TOLD !

Seems to be common

First time I bought a plusbus ticket when it was a fairly new thing, I was informed "can't get on with that mate, it's a railcard". No issue with the driver, I explained, showed him the "PLUSBUS" wording on it and he said I was the first person to ever tell him about it, and allowed me to board.

Guest busdriver1
Seems to be common

First time I bought a plusbus ticket when it was a fairly new thing, I was informed "can't get on with that mate, it's a railcard". No issue with the driver, I explained, showed him the "PLUSBUS" wording on it and he said I was the first person to ever tell him about it, and allowed me to board.

Repost from above.

The biggest problem is that SYPTE have as an economy measure stopped producing the booklet telling staff about new tickets, passes and other concessions.

They followed this up by releasing loads of new tickets and passes.

Getting the picture?

If a driver does not know about your ticket or pass dont blame him or her.

I recently visited the health centre at manor top. There is a notice posted that states that if you have an early hospital appointment and take your paperwork to show the bus driver you can use your senior citizens bus pass before 9.30. I have asked a bus driver and phoned the SPTD they say that they have not been informed. Has anyone else heard this.

I don't know about that, but it's worth knowing you can use a bus pass before 9.30 for nothing if you've got an hospital appointment.

I think that is only on Stagecoach buses, not on any other buses nor trams.

You cant pay £1 between 9 and 9:30 on stagecoach, if you can us drivers have never been told. In Barnsley you could show a letter if you have an appointment before 9:30 on stagecoach though

You cant pay £1 between 9 and 9:30 on stagecoach, if you can us drivers have never been told. In Barnsley you could show a letter if you have an appointment before 9:30 on stagecoach though

Seems like its the perennial Mushroom Problem.

(They try to keep everyone in the dark)

Stolen from the driver who once told me "I don't know love, we're like mushrooms" When I gave him a quizzical look he explained "They keep us drivers in the dark."

Seems like its the perennial Mushroom Problem.

(They try to keep everyone in the dark)

Stolen from the driver who once told me "I don't know love, we're like mushrooms" When I gave him a quizzical look he explained "They keep us drivers in the dark."

It's actually:

Keep 'em in the dark and feed 'em ****

the Fair from my stop to town dropped to £1 from £1.50 recently...

on every bus I got on it's now £1 - regardless of time of day!

It's actually:

Keep 'em in the dark and feed 'em ****

I think he would be too polite to use the last bit about feeding them.

Guest busdriver1
I have asked a bus driver and phoned the SPTD .

Who are they?

I can remember when there were two "curfew" times when OAP passes could not be used. From start of service to 0930 then from 1530 to 1800 if the OAPs missed the 1530 "curfew" they had to wonder round town till 1800.