WH smiths Fargate

Do you know where the original thread is? Tried searching but can't find it...

The original thread was closed. As a regular W H Smith customer I would also be interested in knowing when the store is likely to re-open.

W H Smiths have got a national strategy of withdrawing from high streets and only focusing on service stations and train stations.

W H Smiths have got a national strategy of withdrawing from high streets and only focusing on service stations and train stations.

I try not to buy anything from them. Especially at airports etc, their prices are ridiculous. My sister paid £1 for a packet of Polos at the railway station

I try not to buy anything from them. Especially at airports etc, their prices are ridiculous. My sister paid £1 for a packet of Polos at the railway station

Agreed. I only buy things that are the same price anywhere, like magazines. At least they don't still try to flog you chocolate now with every purchase. The staff must have loved whoever thought that idea up.

Whats happening to it then? ano there's lots of scaffolding up but what they doing?

Why did she pay £1? Was it compulsory or could she put them back and walk away?

Why did she pay £1? Was it compulsory or could she put them back and walk away?

Why does there always have to be a sarky comment on here. Its surprising that anyone posts anything.

I was merely surprised she paid the price instead of walking away, that was her choice.

Saturday November 5th.

Apparently the building was built by/for a butcher. If you look up you'll see pig & cow heads carved out of stone.

Slight delay, now pencilled in to reopen on November 12th.