Which old forumers are still around?

I've been viewing/posting on here since I first posted in March 2005, originally just doing family history research.Many of the old posters have now gone/died/changed their names or, perhaps like me, look at all the posts sevreal times a day but, rarely post as there always seems to be an argument ensuing.

I can't believe how most of the posts however light hearted descend into insults and childish behaviour. I enjoy the banter and love the jokes but, it's never enough for some folks, they have to make it personal and then the original subject matter is lost yet again.

Posters such as Padders, Mr. Bloke, Crookesy, Cuttsie etc. make the forum enjoyable and several others have valid points on more serious subjects.

The old names such as Jabberwocky, Alchoblog, Curriechick, Rossyrooney (RIP), and many others are sadly missed on here.

Having said all that, long may the Forum continue as I will continue to read each day to cheer me up and make me feel sane!

Regards,

Duffems

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, DUFFEMS said:

I've been viewing/posting on here since I first posted in March 2005, originally just doing family history research.Many of the old posters have now gone/died/changed their names or, perhaps like me, look at all the posts sevreal times a day but, rarely post as there always seems to be an argument ensuing.

I can't believe how most of the posts however light hearted descend into insults and childish behaviour. I enjoy the banter and love the jokes but, it's never enough for some folks, they have to make it personal and then the original subject matter is lost yet again.

Posters such as Padders, Mr. Bloke, Crookesy, Cuttsie etc. make the forum enjoyable and several others have valid points on more serious subjects.

The old names such as Jabberwocky, Alchoblog, Curriechick, Rossyrooney (RIP), and many others are sadly missed on here.

Having said all that, long may the Forum continue as I will continue to read each day to cheer me up and make me feel sane!

Regards,

Duffems

Hmmm... :huh:

Thanks for those nice words Duffems! :thumbsup:

But it's interesting you say that reading the forum makes you feel sane...

... as it seems to be having the complete opposite effect on lots of other people on here! :hihi:

• Haha 1

On 11/03/2023 at 18:33, XPertByExperien said:

I remember a few old hands from way back such as Duffman, and notoriously, t020 (had an intense love of all things Ecclesall, hated it when anyone called it Eccleshall :hihi: )

Or if you said that Ecclesall Road was in Eccleshall!

On 12/03/2023 at 08:39, DUFFEMS said:

Regards,

Duffems

Thanks for that, all that we do is try to have a decent conversation, I can understand why some who have no reason not to post decide not to do so. I much prefer face to face conversations, I don’t fear anyone and hope that they feel the same about me.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Or if you said that Ecclesall Road was in Eccleshall!

Technically it is, but of course that's Ecclesall Road SOUTH! :hihi: 

Not the Eccy Road most people know.

Edited by XPertByExperien
Minor typo

On 15/03/2023 at 08:30, XPertByExperien said:

Technically it is, but of course that's Ecclesall Road SOUTH! :hihi: 

Not the Eccy Road most people know.

No, Ecclesall Road South is in Ecclesall not Eccleshall.

• Like 1

On 12/03/2023 at 08:39, DUFFEMS said:

Regards,

Duffems

Wasn't it you that brought the imitation parrot? to the Harlequin as a joke to present to another forumer.

3 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Wasn't it you that brought the imitation parrot? to the Harlequin as a joke to present to another forumer.

Mr. Presley has got an infatuation with parrots!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Padders said:

Mr. Presley has got an infatuation with parrots!

It could have been a wasp !

• Haha 1