Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

8 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Because that’s where they started reading?

Maybe - but as they've gone quiet, not a big issue.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

:thumbsup:

I notice user longcol's gone quiet too.

Presumably wants to keep a low profile. 

20 hours ago, RollingJ said:

On a thread about the homeless.....nice work RJ 😁

7 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

On a thread about the homeless.....nice work RJ 😁

Cheers for reminding me of my inadvertent howler. For some reason, the mistake popped into my head whilst I was in bed and I meant to edit the post when I got up, but forgot - now I CBA.

6 hours ago, FoxLady said:

I notice user longcol's gone quiet too.

Presumably wants to keep a low profile. 

😀

On 26/11/2023 at 16:32, FoxLady said:

There was absolutely no call for you to comment, let alone your bombastic "Let's get this straight" opening. I had recently witnessed three shoplifting episodes, so why you felt the need to try and belittle me and the reports, God alone knows.

Maybe you think it made you sound big, I don't know...

Why you found it strange that I'd witnessed three such events in a short period of time is interesting, especially you read that there are literally hundreds - if not thousands -  of shoplifting events across the country every single day.

Maybe because;

1) Can't ever recall anyone on SF ever claiming to witness 3 shoplifting  events in the 20 years I've been on the Forum - never mind in a few weeks.

2) A public spirited poster might just have mentioned the area of Sheffield these things happened rather then "Co-op" or "Sainsburys" - not exactly a shortage of both  in Sheffield.

Yep - a minimum of a thousand of shoplifting events a day reported to the police in the UK (obviously an underestimate of the total) .

Shoplifting reports to the police equate to as near as damn it one event per retail outlet per year.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/crimeandjustice/bulletins/crimeinenglandandwales/yearendingjune2023

Crime in England and Wales: “Police recorded theft has increased by 10% (to 1.7 million offences) compared with the year ending June 2022. This rise was predominantly the result of increases in theft offences against businesses, such as shoplifting (a 25% increase to 365,164 offences).”

https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=587141471&sxsrf=AM9HkKlYb14qtJmZ4pQfPfma7cdA0bv7Qw:1701476995842&q=How+many+retail+outlets+are+in+the+UK%3F&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiF3Ljfv--CAxWaT6QEHXsRBSsQzmd6BAhTEAY&biw=1366&bih=651&dpr=1

Total number of retail outlets in the UK in 2022 317,005

3 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Maybe because;

1) Can't ever recall anyone on SF ever claiming to witness 3 shoplifting  events in the 20 years I've been on the Forum - never mind in a few weeks.

2) A public spirited poster might just have mentioned the area of Sheffield these things happened rather then "Co-op" or "Sainsburys" - not exactly a shortage of both  in Sheffield.

Yep - a minimum of a thousand of shoplifting events a day reported to the police in the UK (obviously an underestimate of the total) .

Shoplifting reports to the police equate to as near as damn it one event per retail outlet per year.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/crimeandjustice/bulletins/crimeinenglandandwales/yearendingjune2023

Crime in England and Wales: “Police recorded theft has increased by 10% (to 1.7 million offences) compared with the year ending June 2022. This rise was predominantly the result of increases in theft offences against businesses, such as shoplifting (a 25% increase to 365,164 offences).”

https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=587141471&sxsrf=AM9HkKlYb14qtJmZ4pQfPfma7cdA0bv7Qw:1701476995842&q=How+many+retail+outlets+are+in+the+UK%3F&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiF3Ljfv--CAxWaT6QEHXsRBSsQzmd6BAhTEAY&biw=1366&bih=651&dpr=1

Total number of retail outlets in the UK in 2022 317,005

And ?

Just now, hackey lad said:

And ?

And what ?

6 minutes ago, Longcol said:

And what ?

Just wondered why you posted all that .

Just now, hackey lad said:

Just wondered why you posted all that .

Just wondering why you  bothered to respond with  just an "And?".

5 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Just wondering why you  bothered to respond with  just an "And?".

:rolleyes: