Do you feel more or less patriotic since the EU Referendum ?

Since the Referendum do you feel more or less patriotic ?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Since the Referendum do you feel more or less patriotic ?

• More patriotic
    • Less patriotic
    • No difference

I went with "no difference", but I almost clicked less. If you'd asked me a month ago...

Too many people on both sides being [expletive deleted] to each other. Politics doesn't have to be like that. It was rather embarrassing to be part of at times.

Yes these are serious matters and they're important. I get worked up myself. There are limits though.

Oh and to the OP: I feel European too. We'll still be European after we leave.

But I just don't believe the European super-state is a good idea, and I really don't like the way the nascent super-state is run.

I agree with you. The country is split more than I can ever remember. One has to say that unless, if we actually do leave the EU, things aren`t very significantly better than they were inside it, it really won`t have been worth it.

Edited by Justin Smith

I agree with you. The country is split more than I can ever remember. One has to say that unless, if we actually do leave the EU, things aren`t very significantly better than they were inside it, it really won`t have been worth it.

I don't find the country split any more. The vote is done. The vast majority, however they voted, accept the result.

There was a fair amount of fall out on account of morons on the leave side who thought the result was a license to bigot. And there are some hold-outs on the remain side who think that the people are too stupid to make this decision.

Most people are over the whole matter.

Edited by unbeliever

I feel ashamed that the image we're projecting to the world is of right wing narrow mindedness, and of being a country where hate crime is allowed to grow. We're better than this.

It doesn't make me proud.

I'm going to ignore the misuse of the term "right wing" as I don't want to get side-tracked.

Don't get carried away. We're going through a transition. I think you'll find that we're still an outward-looking, tolerant, multicultural society once everything has shaken out.

I feel neither more nor less. But then I read things like:

I don't think it was unreasonable to politely ask how many votes the 'five' candidates received for the presidency of the EU.

I assume as a consequence of your touchy reply, then there is no information available, which concludes to any unbiased and reasonable person that Junker was selected rather than elected. :suspect:

and I feel more depressed than anything. The righteous indignation because you believe you are right yet you can't even be arsed to check on something readily verifiable to see if you are in fact right is staggering. How much other bull crap that 5 mins online would have educated you about did you vote Brexit on the basis of? Shame on you.

Edited by Santo

and I feel more depressed than anything. The righteous indignation because you believe you are right yet you can't even be arsed to check on something readily verifiable to see if you are in fact right is staggering. Shame on you.

The irony is, most of their points do apply to Theresa May becoming leader of the Conservatives and by extension our PM (e.g. no ballot) but if anyone had questioned her legitimacy to be PM on that basis Gamston would be one of the first to call them out on it.

and I feel more depressed than anything. The righteous indignation because you believe you are right yet you can't even be arsed to check on something readily verifiable to see if you are in fact right is staggering. Shame on you.

Nice bit of editing Santo :)

It's not easy to verify something which never took place :loopy:

I won't say you have lost the plot because you never had it in the first place :roll:

---------- Post added 19-09-2016 at 16:22 ----------

The irony is, most of their points do apply to Theresa May becoming leader of the Conservatives and by extension our PM (e.g. no ballot) but if anyone had questioned her legitimacy to be PM on that basis Gamston would be one of the first to call them out on it.

You are comparing apples with oranges.

Nice bit of editing Santo :)

It's not easy to verify something which never took place :loopy:

I won't say you have lost the plot because you never had it in the first place :roll:

---------- Post added 19-09-2016 at 16:22 ----------

You are comparing apples with oranges.

The election of Juncker never took place? Who told you that? Are you incapable of seeing that you have been proven WRONG?? Check L00b's last post before you embarrass yourself further.

I'm not sure you know what the plot is tbh. Your ignorance has been exposed so many times I pity you.

Found me a UK company that can build a civil nuclear reactor yet Gamston? 'The UK government,' which you have suggested, is about the most stupid answer given to any question ever posed on this forum.

Edited by Santo

The election of Juncker never took place? Who told you that? Are you incapable of seeing that you have been proven WRONG?? Check L00b's last post before you embarrass yourself further.

I'm not sure you know what the plot is tbh. Your ignorance has been exposed so many times I pity you.

If you read LOOb's last link it says

A majority in the European Parliament has approved former Luxembourg PM Jean-Claude Juncker to be President of the European Commission.

note the word 'approved'

The following link may or may not give you a better understanding about the appointment of Junker.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/27/eu-democratic-bandwagon-juncker-president-wanted

If you read LOOb's last link it says

A majority in the European Parliament has approved former Luxembourg PM Jean-Claude Juncker to be President of the European Commission.

note the word 'approved'

The following link may or may not give you a better understanding about the appointment of Junker.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/27/eu-democratic-bandwagon-juncker-president-wanted

So what you have done is failed to acknowledge you are WRONG about him not being elected and scoured the Internet to find a non-approving article about his appointment and then pretended you held this 'knowledge' all along to spare your blushes even though you have made no mention of any of this in your previous posts?

Lame effort. You know nothing about the EU.