Anyone know who can help with bee removal?

I thought bees were a protected species ?

I thought bees were a protected species ?

Honey bees are but tree bees or bumble bees aren't. Although you still shouldn't kill them they're so docile and pose little threat. One was stuck in my kitchen the other day and I let it climb into my had, took it outside and it buzzed off.

We seem to have bees living in between some large rocks in our garden. The cat loves to chase them, but he seems to have graduated onto birds now :suspect:

A friend has got bees going in the ledge above his door. Think honey bees. Is there anyone who can remove these for free. Its at lane top. Thanks

I saw this thread but as its 5 years old i made a new one. Cant find a phone number for the beekeepers and can only email them.

I've just stumped up the thick end of £80 to get the Council (albeit Rotherham) to come and take a look (and hopefully remove one way or another) a swam of bees hanging out around the back of my house...

A friend has got bees going in the ledge above his door. Think honey bees. Is there anyone who can remove these for free. Its at lane top. Thanks

I had same issue. Free route may work IF they are definitely honey bees and nest is easily accessible and a collector is prepared to come out.

Be prepared to describe the bees in detail if you ring up a collector.

Mine were tree bees so had to pay council £84 to come and spray insecticide as the nest was very close to a bedroom window.

Took less than 5 minutes in total.

Bees appear as a nuisance but are harmless, go about their bizz-ness and the last thing they ever want to do is sting anyone. It kills them.

The swarm is when they are leaving for good. Sure, it can last 24 hours until they finally up and off never to return.

But the best thing is to save your money, do your bit for the environment as we need bees, and just leave them to get on with it.

Says £65 on council website or £45 if on dole. Think hes going to spray some stuff in there and silicone the hole up for that price.

We had bees in our bird box last year, even though it is close to the (sometimes open) patio window they didn't come in the house & weren't really a problem.

They will go away when they are ready

:help:I have a bird box in my garden. It is full of bees, creating a health and safety hazard for my two young children as the bees are swarming all around it. I don't really want to kill the bees or even worse provoke them and not kill them. Any advice would be appreciated. Many thanks.

Almost certainly bumble bees. They are absolutely no danger. I often catch them in my hands to get them out of the greenhouse.

Let the kids watch them and learn.