End of the line for Netto (again)

Guest sibon

It never stops making me laugh when the tabloid television beats on about poverty in britain, people hardly able to put food on the table and queues round the block for food banks :

I'm glad that you find poverty so very funny.

I also, sincerely, hope that you never have need of a food bank.

You could also do some reading up about obesity. It might help you to make more constructive comments in the future.

The only people relying on food banks are wastrels who like to continually suck on the teat of nanny state.

:

A typically uninformed and morally devoid post. The people relying on food banks are the people wrongly denied benefits, the type of people who eventually win on appeal after months of penury and misery.

Anyway, I'm disappointed Netto is going, no more karry sild for me :(

:)

Many who use foodbanks probably pay the Sky bill and 20 Sterling Kingsize a day before worrying about about trivial matters such as feeding the family.

I'd actually consider contributing to food-banks if I could be categorically assured that none of the beneficiaries might ever have prioritised smoking and 'home entertainment systems' (for the avoidance of doubt I don't own a TV of any size) over feeding themselves and their family.

I'd actually consider contributing to food-banks if I could be categorically assured that none of the beneficiaries might ever have prioritised smoking and 'home entertainment systems' (for the avoidance of doubt I don't own a TV of any size) over feeding themselves and their family.

If it helps, I don't authorise food bank vouchers for people who smoke unless they are willing to get help to stop smoking (which we will help them to access).

Same can be said of almost every donation to charity, for example unless you physically hand the donation to starving African children you can't gurantee some of the money won't be pocketed by governments etc. If you want to contribute you need to find a organisation will at least try and do the right thing.

Maybe Aldi could take the space at Kilner Way! An Aldi would be better IMO.

But there's a Lidl up the road and an Aldi just off Infirmary Road... I think Kilner Way needs a food place and I do wonder what's going to replace it. It's such a slow retail park that one!