End of the line for Netto (again)

Sainburys should hang their head in shame - the staff are getting no help at all. It was said when Netto first opened that should it close, then yes they would be absorbed. Not even the managers who oversaw the opening etc are getting any help. Disgusting.

I rarely shop at Sainburys due to the high prices so they will gain no extra business from me.

Who told you that? Its very different from the statements I have been reading?

I spoke to a member of staff today and he said he had no idea what was going to happen to them, that Sainsbury's haven't said anything, had no job to go to either. Very sad, the people at the Queen's Road branch are some of the best shop staff I've ever come across. Hope they get sorted out soon.

Staff have been left in the dark, as far as they are concerned its a months notice. They only found out on the 4th. I now think a few of the statements are just PR dressing.

Staff are working 3x as hard in the closing down, but still pleasant and courteous. Must be a really horrible experience having your store ripped apart by the bargain hunters.

Sainsbirys should do right by them.

everything in netto half price its mad in there

anyone been yet

Staff have been left in the dark, as far as they are concerned its a months notice. They only found out on the 4th. I now think a few of the statements are just PR dressing.

Staff are working 3x as hard in the closing down, but still pleasant and courteous. Must be a really horrible experience having your store ripped apart by the bargain hunters.

Sainsbirys should do right by them.

I thought that too - all the gleeful bargain hunters (me included) tearing about stripping the shelves while they'll all be out of a job soon, but still behaving professionally. Don't know how they did it, they were grace under pressure personified.

Just been to the Queens Road store, its already closed for the day...

everything in netto half price its mad in there

anyone been yet

I went to Argos at Kilner way on Monday and was going to call in for a look. The massive queue outside changed my mind for me

Ghouls picking at a rotting carcass springs to mind

But there's a Lidl up the road and an Aldi just off Infirmary Road... I think Kilner Way needs a food place and I do wonder what's going to replace it. It's such a slow retail park that one!

It is slow.. It needs something that's going to bring in the people with their pennies ready to be spent..

I've heard dunhelms is going to be opening up soon, how true that is i dont know but if it is true then that'll be good :)

Ghouls picking at a rotting carcass springs to mind

Thats a bit strong dont you think ?

This is Yorkshire - we are known for being careful (tight :hihi:) with money.

Oh wow, I didn't know that