End of the line for Netto (again)

There is so much aggression in these posts.

So Netto will be gone in August, I wont cry that's for sure !

Plenty of cheap foodstuffs about, B AND M, Poundland,Jack Fultons.

I live on my bare state pension, and I have never missed a meal !

I use my cooking skills, cook in batches, to save on energy, and have a balanced diet, and put it in the freezer, then microwave it, kerching !

I spend my money wisely, and plan out each week, what I will eat, and do a shopping list accordingly.

I stick to that list, and any surplus money, I treat myself.

No doubt, another shop will spring up, at Kilner Way.

I have two small dogs to feed as well, and they have meat from the butchers, tinned and dry food, and are very healthy.:rant:

you may be right, then again you might argue that's merely semantics.

A bit like Our Nige' promising to quit, then coming back the next day.

Rather like one of the people using a foodbank, ha ha.

:)

"Millions" just sounded a bit high, as pointed out there are plenty of places to get dirt cheap food, I went in Jack Fultons the other day and some of the things on sale in there are dirt cheap, OK not always great dates on things but if you are consuming within the next few weeks its hardly an issue. Its all about being savvy.

Many who use foodbanks probably pay the Sky bill and 20 Sterling Kingsize a day before worrying about about trivial matters such as feeding the family.

Will be sorry to see Netto close at Kilner way. The staff there are lovely and were shell shocked this morning - didn't open until 11am. They didn't tell us why but it was obvious they'd had bad news. Hope they find new jobs soon.

Best wishes to them.

The Queens Rd shop is loads better than the Asda next door.

Clean, tidy, friendly staff, no queues to pay. I would drive further than use that Asda.

Pity it is going, very convenient for me where it is.

The Queens Rd shop is loads better than the Asda next door.

Clean, tidy, friendly staff, no queues to pay. I would drive further than use that Asda.

Pity it is going, very convenient for me where it is.

Can't agree with no queue in there, like with all the other budget retailers if you are only buying a handful of items you are stuck behind people doing a full shop, at least with Asda you have the self service option.

I liked the fresh bakery stuff Netto did.

Better go and get myself some more boxes of crisps. 30 x Golden Wonder crisps for £2.75, great bargain

Food has never been so cheap and in such plentiful supply. Dried goods, ready meals, canned and frozen items sold in big boxes and supersized packets for mere pennies.

snip,

with trolleys bulging with goods for less than one day's pay.

snip..

obesity and diabeties epedemic.

snip..

Those poor obease people who cant afford to put food on the table.

Wow, lot of hate going on there.

If you can fill a trolley on a days pay your not really the subject of the point are you? I reckon a trolley full in asda = well over £100

Food might not have ever been so plentiful, doesn't mean there aren't people who are in dire straights, Just like there has always been.

You don't need to be rich or buy a lot to become obese, just the cheap crap that is sold 'for mere pennies'.

Just started building new Netto in Hoyland Barnsley will this be left as a building site for the children of Hoyland to play on.

Guest sibon

It never stops making me laugh when the tabloid television beats on about poverty in britain, people hardly able to put food on the table and queues round the block for food banks :

I'm glad that you find poverty so very funny.

I also, sincerely, hope that you never have need of a food bank.

You could also do some reading up about obesity. It might help you to make more constructive comments in the future.

The only people relying on food banks are wastrels who like to continually suck on the teat of nanny state.

:

A typically uninformed and morally devoid post. The people relying on food banks are the people wrongly denied benefits, the type of people who eventually win on appeal after months of penury and misery.

Anyway, I'm disappointed Netto is going, no more karry sild for me :(

:)

Many who use foodbanks probably pay the Sky bill and 20 Sterling Kingsize a day before worrying about about trivial matters such as feeding the family.

I'd actually consider contributing to food-banks if I could be categorically assured that none of the beneficiaries might ever have prioritised smoking and 'home entertainment systems' (for the avoidance of doubt I don't own a TV of any size) over feeding themselves and their family.

I'd actually consider contributing to food-banks if I could be categorically assured that none of the beneficiaries might ever have prioritised smoking and 'home entertainment systems' (for the avoidance of doubt I don't own a TV of any size) over feeding themselves and their family.

If it helps, I don't authorise food bank vouchers for people who smoke unless they are willing to get help to stop smoking (which we will help them to access).