Media influence on politics

Really? Got any stats to prove that?

Just my thoughts, obviously a good journalist can write about the rich or poor.

There is a gentlemans club in Islington?

Not a clue really, If there is I suspect it won't be spearmint rhino, but the sort of club where women are banned altogether.

Anthony Hilton, Journalist at the Evening Standard:

I once asked Rupert Murdoch why he was so opposed to the European Union. “That’s easy,” he replied. “When I go into Downing Street they do what I say; when I go to Brussels they take no notice.”

http://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comment/anthony-hilton-stay-or-go-the-lack-of-solid-facts-means-it-s-all-a-leap-of-faith-a3189151.html

The head honcho of News International is open about his power and influence - why are many in the public so coy about it?

Anthony Hilton, Journalist at the Evening Standard:

I once asked Rupert Murdoch why he was so opposed to the European Union. “That’s easy,” he replied. “When I go into Downing Street they do what I say; when I go to Brussels they take no notice.”

http://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comment/anthony-hilton-stay-or-go-the-lack-of-solid-facts-means-it-s-all-a-leap-of-faith-a3189151.html

The head honcho of News International is open about his power and influence - why are many in the public so coy about it?

Yeah, I've seen that quote before. One wonders how tongue in cheek it was.

---------- Post added 05-07-2016 at 19:38 ----------

Interesting to learn which Brexit newspaper owns part of the company financing MdR to block the Government issuing Article 50 without an Act of Parliament.

Edited by Radan

So, Murdoch decided who was going to be our Prime Minister. If he'd have wanted Boris, Gove or Leadsom, none of these 'emails' or 'interviews' would have surfaced.

During the SlyNEWS interview after Leadsom announced she was stepping down, Jenni Russell, columnist for The Times yesterday, broke from the 'script' to announce:

"I just want to say how brilliant it was of The Times that triggered this entire earthquake"

Straight from the horses mouth.

So, Murdoch decided who was going to be our Prime Minister. If he'd have wanted Boris, Gove or Leadsom, none of these 'emails' or 'interviews' would have surfaced.

During the SlyNEWS interview after Leadsom announced she was stepping down, Jenni Russell, columnist for The Times yesterday, broke from the 'script' to announce:

"I just want to say how brilliant it was of The Times that triggered this entire earthquake"

Straight from the horses mouth.

And he also decides who isn't, which answers the question why Corbyn gets such a mauling in the press, if he gets a mention at all.

Corbyn can't be bought, therefore he can't be controlled.

All Murdoch has to do is put the word out to Labour MPs that their careers are finished if they support Corbyn (and they all know he can do it,) and that's the end of Corbyn.....

And he also decides who isn't, which answers the question why Corbyn gets such a mauling in the press, if he gets a mention at all.

All Murdoch has to do is put the word out to Labour MPs that their careers are finished if they support Corbyn (and they all know he can do it,) and that's the end of Corbyn.....

Just FYI, I don't have Sky News or read the Times.

I don't like Corbyn and I would have backed May.

Oooooooooo how has he got to me??????????

You two need reality checks.

hahahahhahahah...... hahahahahahaha.... hahahaha.

Corbyn the union puppet cannot be controlled.

hahahahahaha.... hahahahah...... hahahhaha....

Corbyn who needs to be held back from saying silly things and "protected" by his Momentum posse cannot be controlled.

hahahahahah.

Just FYI, I don't have Sky News or read the Times.

I don't like Corbyn and I would have backed May.

Oooooooooo how has he got to me??????????

You two need reality checks.

I had no idea that you had been involved in electing May.

Edited by Lex Luthor

I had no idea that you had been involved in electing May.

As much as Rupert Murdoch was.

Prove me wrong.

As much as Rupert Murdoch was.

Prove me wrong.

I don't follow your 'he didn't get to me' bit, if you weren't involved in the electing of May, which is what I was writing about. Would you care to explain?

See post 65 - straight from the horse's mouth.

I don't follow your 'he didn't get to me' bit, if you weren't involved in the electing of May, which is what I was writing about. Would you care to explain?

See post 65 - straight from the horse's mouth.

Explain why both the Sun and Times backed Michael Gove. So much influence Murdoch has that he couldn't get his favourite on the ballot huh? Both the Times and the Sun said Leadsom was too inexperienced and Gove was a better candidate.

It goes without saying his power is so great that he couldn't even get his truly favoured candidate, Boris, to even run!

Did Murdoch then put those words in Leadsom's mouth?

Did he persuade the Mail and the Telegraph to back May? Even before her motherhood comments.

No.

There a so many errors in Post 65 it's laughable Lex.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/comment/round-one-dbjljptk2

http://www.politico.eu/blogs/spence-on-media/2016/06/brexit-eu-referendum-rupert-murdochs-support-for-boris-johnson-comes-with-a-warning/

Edited by Radan