Media influence on politics

Explain why both the Sun and Times backed Michael Gove. So much influence Murdoch has that he couldn't get his favourite on the ballot huh? Both the Times and the Sun said Leadsom was too inexperienced and Gove was a better candidate.

It goes without saying his power is so great that he couldn't even get his favoured candidate all along, Boris, on the ballot.

Did Murdoch then put those words in Leadsom's mouth?

Did he persuade the Mail and the Telegraph to back May? Even before her motherhood comments.

No.

There a so many errors in Post 65 it's laughable Lex.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/co...-one-dbjljptk2

http://www.politico.eu/blogs/spence-...ith-a-warning/

You have to watch the full game play out, instead of looking at snapshots and believing what you read in one newspaper on any given day. The media hold the cards and control what information is going to be released and when that can make or break leadership bids. This non-election is proof of that.

As for Corbyn, Anna is right. The media are frightened to death of him because he won't let them set his agenda.

And thanks for the links, they are special, coming from someone who doesn't read The Times.

Edited by Lex Luthor

You have to watch the full game play out, instead of looking at snapshots and believing what you read in one newspaper on any given day. The media hold the cards and control what information is going to be released when that can make or break leadership bids. This non-election is proof of that.

As for Corbyn, Anna is right. The media are frightened to death of him because he won't let them set his agenda.

Uh huh. Everything you said about Murdoch in post 65 is wrong. I just proved that. Feel like retracting it?

Do your research before you post things next time. You wouldn't want to look stupid, would you?

Uh huh. Everything you said about Murdoch in post 65 is wrong. I just proved that. Feel like retracting it?

Do your research before you post things next time. You wouldn't want to look stupid, would you?

You have proved nothing, except that YOU ARE influenced by the media. Even to the extent of providing links from The Times that you 'don't read'.

You have proved nothing, except that YOU ARE influenced by the media. Even to the extent of providing links from The Times that you 'don't read'.

The quote in the Times shows them supporting Gove. Which you claimed Murdoch didn't. :loopy:

The Times narrowly favoured Remain. The Sun was all out Brexit.

Michael Gove went to Rupert Murdoch's wedding. Murdoch is friend's with Boris. You think Murdoch got one friend to stab another friend in the back?

All as part of some large plot to see May become next PM? Wouldn't he rather have a friend as PM? Couldn't he orchestrate that if he is all powerful?

How utterly absurd.

Edited by Radan

Just FYI, I don't have Sky News or read the Times.

I don't like Corbyn and I would have backed May.

Oooooooooo how has he got to me??????????

You two need reality checks.

Ooooooo I think he's got to you very badly indeed. You obviously feel the need to protest it so rudely and so often.

A bit scared are we?

The quote in the Times shows them supporting Gove. Which you claimed Murdoch didn't. :loopy:

The Times narrowly favoured Remain. The Sun was all out Brexit.

Michael Gove went to Rupert Murdoch's wedding. Murdoch is friend's with Boris. You think Murdoch got one friend to stab another friend in the back?

All as part of some large plot to see May become next PM?

How utterly absurd.

Ahh yes....utterly.

Ooooooo I think he's got to you very badly indeed. You obviously feel the need to protest it so rudely and so often.

A bit scared are we?

Rude? You are thoroughly deserving of being given short shrift because of the absolute stupidity of damn near everything you write.

Care to address the points I've raised with Lex?

The errors in Post 65.

The fact his newspapers had different stances on Brexit.

The fact that his preferred candidate to become next PM didn't even bother to run.

The fact his second favourite didn't get on the ballot. That's the one that attended his wedding btw, the one Lex also said he didn't like.

How can you equate that in any way with 'power??'

I won't even bother saying anything about Corbyn. He is a political non-entity.

The only thing I'm scared of is the fact you have a vote Anna B. And that there might be others like you.

Edited by Radan

Rude? You are thoroughly deserving of being given short shrift because of the absolute stupidity of damn near everything you write.

The errors in Post 65.

The fact that his preferred candidate to become next PM didn't even bother to run.

The fact his second favourite didn't get on the ballot. That's the one that attended his wedding btw, the one Lex also said he didn't like.

How do you know who his "preferred candidate" and "second favourite" even are? Did you read it a newspaper?

How do you know who his "preferred candidate" and "second favourite" even are? Did you read it a newspaper?

Ask a better question.

Better yet, answer mine.

Ask a better question.

Better yet, answer mine.

I'm happy with that one.

I'm happy with that one.

You sure? Do you think it's an intelligent and thoughtful question? Do you even think it's relevant?

Ok then.

Sorry to disappoint you. It's not what I read in a newspaper. It's more or less what Murdoch himself said at the Times CEO Summit.

Ooops. Sorry Lex.

Now address all my points. Without adding to your own embarrassment.

The errors in Post 65.

The only thing I'm scared of is the fact you have a vote Anna B. And that there might be others like you.

Yes i have a vote, and I intend to use it, and yes there are many, many others just like me, and they're going to use their's too. All for a 'political nonentity' like Corbyn.

I love the fact that you're worried, it gives me much more confidence that he can be elected... Scarey isn't it?