Anyone come from Grimesthorpe?

Dors

Skippy that has really made me chuckle. Type of thing my dad would do!

What were you drinking? Carlton colds are my fave - or bundy and coke Mmmm.

Just goes to show that your dad is normal, I make one mistake & boy am I suffering for it, I'm getting accused of trying to poison the lot of em now.

I was cooking bacon for brunch on the BBQ, I only used the spray so it wouldn't stick to the plate initially, trying to do everything, because the rest of em wouldn't get off their arses to help,I put the cooking spray on the outdoor table & later got mixed up because it's the same colour can as the fly spray, now they reckon I have used the fly spray on the BBQ.

Nothing was said last year when one of our daughter in laws cooked cucumber instead of zuchini, or when she bust the switch on our TV, pushing it in & out trying to get the bluddy thing working, it wasn't even plugged in, they have short memories.

I drink Hahn Light, it doesn't make me crook & I like the girl on the add.

Hello Lola, does your Dad know you talk like that? It's been on telly tonight, your village is going to fall into the sea at five to six tomorrow.

Hi cat, I think you were probably right the first time, I don't think it could withstand another 5 to 6 years. Actually I do sleep soundly here without the fear of falling into the sea. However we are supposed to be moving further up the coast soon to Barmston and it really is crumbling away fast up there.

Just goes to show that your dad is normal, I make one mistake & boy am I suffering for it, I'm getting accused of trying to poison the lot of em now.

I was cooking bacon for brunch on the BBQ, I only used the spray so it wouldn't stick to the plate initially, trying to do everything, because the rest of em wouldn't get off their arses to help,I put the cooking spray on the outdoor table & later got mixed up because it's the same colour can as the fly spray, now they reckon I have used the fly spray on the BBQ.

Nothing was said last year when one of our daughter in laws cooked cucumber instead of zuchini, or when she bust the switch on our TV, pushing it in & out trying to get the bluddy thing working, it wasn't even plugged in, they have short memories.

I drink Hahn Light, it doesn't make me crook & I like the girl on the add.

At least you cook skippy - the extent of my dads culinary skills is baked beans on toast (and even then he needs help programming the microwave).

You truly are an aussie now - zuchini?? What happened to good old courgette?!!

G'day Acid,

Which one of the family are you? I was going to use your surname but thought that you may want to stay anonymous.I remember the family well, I lived with my grandmother Mrs.Colley at number 9. I found it quite hard at first when you moved into number 7 as I had lived there with my parents who had both died within a short time of each other, but soon got to know and like your family. Who was the eldest? Peter? I was 12 when you moved in and remember playing games in the back yard with some of the kids. I as got older Skippy (Trevor) and I used to see your dad having a drink in the Crown. Are your parents still around?

hi dors my name is richard i was 5 years old when we went to live at 7 botham street mum and dad has past over .yes dad went in to the crown

a lot it was his pub