Anyone come from Grimesthorpe?

Dors

Geotom,

As a boy I was friends with Stephen Graham, we were in the 'red hand gang' for a short while with John & Will O'Leary, Dave Spencer (shred), Les Johnson and possibly Johnny Wright off Moss Street.

Stephen had a sister, called Sharon i think, I remember my mum Daisy babysitting them when Bernard and Doris were out. Doris used to work at the Odeon cinema in town and Bernard worked at Firth brown i think. I can remember going fishing at his firms pond at Ford. I loved being out there but I don't think i ever caught anything.

hi phil my brother is les johnson he lives in dronfield now

Hi I thought that as well. I don't recall Grimesthorpe having a May Queen. I have a similar photo and that is Owler Lane in about 1949/50. I'll Have to see if I can find it.

Hi Pompey girl , thought I was ancient only joking,or you like your younger brother George who does not age?

Reading the thread he's taught all the young ladies in Sheffield to drive.

Hi Pompey girl , thought I was ancient only joking,or you like your younger brother George who does not age?

Reading the thread he's taught all the young ladies in Sheffield to drive.

he taught my sister and my daughter and they both passed 1st time !!! not sure if we got a family discount!!

The Photo Is Of Owlerlane Infants, Taken 49/50.

I Have Just Worked Out How To Put Photos On This Site And I Forgot To Put Any Information On.

I Cant Understand Why The Mayqueen Is There, I Have Some Photos Of A May Queen From Grimesthorpe Methodist, But They Were Taken About Ten Years Later.

I Do Know That The Only Reason My Mother Bought The Photo Is Because I Was On The Front Row.

I can't remember the May Queen but do remember we had a Maypole at Owler Lane Infants. During the dancing around and weaving in and out, I was found to be totally useless and relegated to slapping paint on the bloody thing. I wonder if I'm in that photo?

I can't remember the May Queen but do remember we had a Maypole at Owler Lane Infants. During the dancing around and weaving in and out, I was found to be totally useless and relegated to slapping paint on the bloody thing. I wonder if I'm in that photo?

Narden Ralph ,there is ancient & ancient maybe a year or two after your time?