Loundside Church

friend of my dads did the conversion around 2000, not sure if he still owns it. I always thought it was a pretty decent conversion considering it was practically derelict when he started. (From what i remember as i was only a kid then). lot of the original features that were there were kept. The view from the tower is great!

Does anyone know the story behind this building?

Its back up for sale again for £425k and im sure it was for sale 6 months ago for over £625k. It looks amazing inside but the huge price drop makes me curious.

Is it haunted perhaps?

Over the years its gone down from something like £800k a good few years ago to the £600k mark it was on for last year and now the £425k mark.

Which one? There are 4 church buildings on the top of lound.

a) On left heading towards Chapeltown was converted to an office block and was up for sale a while back.

This one looks to have been converted from an office to a home by its new owners.

As far as I know there is a phone mast in the clock tower now.

Yes it's a Three mast up in the clock tower. You can see the transmitters behind the slats where the bells used to be. ;)

The clock in the tower was known locally as 'Freda'. Sorry, but I don't know why.

Hi yes it was. It should be repaired so that it works again, it would look much better rather than being stopped. Why isn't it classed as a public clock like many other church clocks and paid for from local authorities or parish councils?