Increase of graffiti in Sheffield

Fista got 5 years when he got caught ,is that suffient punishment ?

not really seeing as he didnt do 5 and a media circus said he should become an artist!! er why it blighted the whole of south yorkshire and still does in parts he should have been made to clean every single one off by hand! scum oxygen thief!:roll:

Couldn't agree more with this thread. When I moved to the city centre in 2009, it was no where near as bad as it is now. The lovely five wiers walk is full of it now, it's all up and down the canal, and areas like around Fitzwilliam square are disgusting. I've asked on numerous occasions for the council for them to clean up grafitti around my flat, to no avail.

The main taggers seems to have been doing it for a few years now, and appear to have a free licence to do so. Other Yorkshire cities don't seem as bad. Sad times.

There was a scheme called @SheffieldBID (on Twitter) to have a spring clean, and whilst I'm sure they've done some good work somewhere, nothing appears to have changed from what I can see.

Is there an increase in graffiti due to the council not cleaning it up anymore?

The council do still clean it up where it's there responsibility but they haven't got the same budget as before or the number of staff.

Private buildings it'd surely be the owners job to clean it.

i guess they have other priorities a shame but thats what this country has come too, red tape from the EU, cost of services for the never ending stream of the worlds waifs and strays no wonder we cant afford to clean our own streets.

when any of these grafitti vandals are caught they should be made to clean it not only theirs but others as well every day for a year............but then we will have people sayin it infringes their human rights?? barmy

What red tape from the EU is relevant to this?

It is very pointless and such a stupid thing to do. £185 seems like a lot to pay, I would definitely look elsewhere.

the bloke did a really good job and we got several quotes before we started. It was chemically removed due to it being on stone not brick. I am not complaining about the cost for a one off removal, I am complaining about having to pay for it to be done again due to the "artists" redoing it.