How do I stop rats coming into the garden??

Please don't put poison down! We adopted a hedgehog who had eaten some, he survived around a month but then got worse after we took him to the pdsa.

I know it's nasty but in some cases, it's best to shoot them and feed them to the foxes.

Don't worry I definitely won't be using poison....not only do I think it's a very cruel and inhumane thing to do, I also know it would effect and potentially kill the next animal that then eats the rat and I would never do that.

I thought rats only came out at night but this family are very brave and are out during all hours of the day (which is how I know they're there).

short of getting a dog with a taste for rats there probably isn't a great deal you can do

We had the same problem when we first moved into our hose until our Staffordshire Bull Terrier got hold of them (not by design, he simply caught a couple at the end of the garden)

That was five years ago and we've not seen one since.

We had the same problem when we first moved into our hose until our Staffordshire Bull Terrier got hold of them (not by design, he simply caught a couple at the end of the garden)

That was five years ago and we've not seen one since.

I must say we never saw a rat throughout the years we had our dog, but still had plenty of birds and squirrels in the garden which is exactly what we want.

There is no way I could bring myself to do that, I love animals so much and although I know rats are classed as vermin and I don't want them in our garden I couldn't cause any harm to them.

Think of it as feeding the foxes... (I don't think I could do it either)

The tray option has worked a treat though.

Please don't put poison down! We adopted a hedgehog who had eaten some, he survived around a month but then got worse after we took him to the pdsa.

I know it's nasty but in some cases, it's best to shoot them and feed them to the foxes.

I'd shoot the Cats that keep soiling my flower bed....:mad: