DVD VCR player repairs?

Anyone know of anyone in Sheffield who still repairs VCR players? I have a combi DVD VCR player, which I love, that needs looking at. I think it has a simple problem that could easily be fixed. Thanks.:)

Edited by diezeltruck

You could try Walkley TV, they have a place at Woodseats as well. Worth giving them a ring.

Theres a place in Chesterfield just at the end of the Dronfield Bypass and to to the left of James cycle shop. Its a tiny workshop that is straight out of the 1960s when you go inside.

Have a look on google maps, as you get to the roundabout at the end of the bypass take first exit and its just before the railway bridge on the right. According to the sign on their wall their phone number is 01246 454966

Thanks Warpig and Elmambo. Elmambo, I think I tried Walkley TV and I don't think they do these kind of repairs anymore. I shall give the Chesterfield number a call, Warpig. Thanks both of you for your advice on this. :)

by the time you've driven it to and from Chesterfield and paid for a repair it'd be cheaper to buy a new one surely?

Anyone know of anyone in Sheffield who still repairs VCR players? I have a combi DVD VCR player, which I love, that needs looking at. I think it has a simple problem that could easily be fixed. Thanks.:)

Our VCR packed up and we wanted to transfer some videos to CD, so bought one at a carboot sale for three quid, it did an excellent job but I suppose it was luck of the draw whether it worked or not.

Was a guy at Chapeltown on Station Rd called Astroview 01142 577327 but its a while since I've used him so not sure if he's still open

Nova electronics attercliffe sheffield for all electronic repairs second to no one! Repair anything electrical,

Edited by bessmeg
Address

Was a guy at Chapeltown on Station Rd called Astroview 01142 577327 but its a while since I've used him so not sure if he's still open

Been closed down some time now, don`t know if he has moved or packed up for good.

by the time you've driven it to and from Chesterfield and paid for a repair it'd be cheaper to buy a new one surely?

You know I was waiting for a response like that from someone. So predictable. If you read my original post, I said that I liked the player and I thought it was a simple problem to be fixed. I actually live just down the road from the Chesterfield suggestion and will more than like cycle there keeping me fit in the process. :hihi: Thanks to everyone else for their constructive advice.

Edited by diezeltruck

You will cycle there with a television?!?!