University course and anti-gay Facebook post.

It surely doesn't shock you that the liberal lefties want to suppress opinions and beliefs that they don't share.

You haven't quite worked out that I respect his right to think whatever he likes, I just think that his duty to be professional overrides his right to say whatever he likes. I would have also respected his right to give up that duty if it was too heavy a burden for him to bear.

You're almost there!!!!! He was kicked off for sharing his thoughts in the media in a way that could be traced back to him, his job and his profession.

Yet others have done the same and not been reprimanded social workers are not banned from posting their thoughts on face book.

In what way was he being unprofessional?

and would it have been different if he had said, "I support gay marriage"?

In the first case he is promoting a position that is outlawed.

In the second he is supporting a position that the law actively supports.

Very simple.

No you believe only certain views may be expressed publicly by professionals and those views can be determined by a private company.

Thats a sack of cack as far as i'm concerned.

You're are former military man if I recall - there are things you could and couldn't say or do, certainly in uniform. Isn't there a ban on swaztika tattoos in place that sort of thing?

What's the difference?

No you believe only certain views may be expressed publicly by professionals and those views can be determined by a private company.

Thats a sack of cack as far as i'm concerned.

I'm not sure that a commanding officer in the military would agree that subordinates should have Facebook free speech.

Every news source says it was what he posted on face book that got him kicked off the course, not how he conducted himself when interviewed.

To get all Smithy on you. I would suggest the you haven't read every news source and that the news sources wouldn't have reported every single piece of information regarding this incident.

At the risk of repeating myself, the transgression would have started the disciplinary process, how each individual approached that disciplinary process would certainly have an effect upon it's outcome. So the comparison doesn't had water.

Not according to every media source, it is what he posted that resulted in is removal from the course.

You haven't quite worked out that I respect his right to think whatever he likes, I just think that his duty to be professional overrides his right to say whatever he likes. I would have also respected his right to give up that duty if it was too heavy a burden for him to bear.

If he said the age of consent (a matter with criminal rather than civil implications) should be 17 rather than 16 would you still want him sacked?

Right so you would support a Muslim social worker using sociasl media to support the imposition of Sharia law in the UK?

In fact you already answered. It's a yes.

I wouldn't agree with their opinion but I would support their right to hold such that opinion.