University course and anti-gay Facebook post.

Ok, when you was in the military, did you have free speech regarding Facebook? For example if you believe that one of your commissioned officers was rubbish, what would have happened if you went on Facebook to tell everyone how rubbish he was.

Surely in the military duty went before "rights"?

I would discuss it on arrse or rum ration. Which are actively supported by pretty much every VSO at LND because they realise that people, even Royal Marines, get ****** off about stuff and wish to discuss it. Better to allow outlets than allow tensions to diffuse than this blanket ban on speaking your mind.

His profession expected certain standards off him, he failed to meet those standards. How many different ways do you want me to say this?

I've asked you before but I will ask again.

Where is the list of thoughts that he can openly express and the list of thought he should keep to himself?

I would discuss it on arrse or rum ration. Which are actively supported by pretty much every VSO at LND because they realise that people, even Royal Marines, get ****** off about stuff and wish to discuss it. Better to allow outlets than allow tensions to diffuse than this blanket ban on speaking your mind.

If you were found to have made a comment to the media about how rubbish he was, what would have happened?

---------- Post added 02-03-2016 at 21:26 ----------

I've asked you before but I will ask again.

Where is the list of thoughts that he can openly express and the list of thought he should keep to himself?

I would expect any potential social worker to be able to use their judgement on what should and shouldn't be said to the media, when it can be traced back to them, their job and their profession.

He is free to think what he wants.

His professional code of conduct restricts what he can publicly say about certain things.

He wouldnt have been kicked off the course for supporting something that is enshrined in law. Stupid argument.

My contract at work has a social media clause. I can lose my job for bringing my company into disrepute on social media. I've seen work colleagues fall foul of it and get disciplined for things they posted. It's pretty standard these days.

Where is the list of thoughts he can openly express and the thoughts he must keep to himself?

Freedom of religion is enshrined in law, he simply expressed his religious beliefs which the law allows, he hasn't been arrested as he?

So why does this body have an issue with religion and how can they act impartially when they clearly have religious intolerance amongst their senior management.

---------- Post added 02-03-2016 at 21:29 ----------

Because what he posted could be deemed discriminatory

It doesn't matter what the clergy will or won't do. The law allows same sex marriage.

Posting that you support gay marriage can be deemed discriminatory.

The law also allows people to oppose gay marriage and the freedom of religion and the freedom to express it.

---------- Post added 02-03-2016 at 21:31 ----------

However a council registrar could be dismissed from their job for refusing to carry out same sex civil partnerships.

Would you support or oppose their imprisonment for refusing to marry a same sex couple?

What questions have i repeatedly failed to answer?

About 90% of them.

Of course its very different in the RM or other services. Opsec and persec are paramount so there are restrictions in place but thats in the context of the forces where a bit of social media control is the least of the personal control transfer taking place.

Some bloke looking to deal with wayne and waynetta's **** up of life is not remotely the same.

I think you're vastly underestimating what social workers have to deal with.

The law also allows people to oppose gay marriage and the freedom of religion and the freedom to express it.

What you keep on failing to grasp, is that many professions have higher expectations of their members behaviour than just obeying the law.

If their profession expects a certain standard, and they agree to abide by those standards, then I'd expect a breach of those standards to lead to a disciplinary process.

This is one of the question I asked you and you didn't answer, how would he know what he is allowed to say and what he must keep to himself?

Isn't ARRSE anonymous like SF?

About 90% of them.

Rubbish, you're just moaning because I haven't given you the answers that you want.

If you were found to have made a comment to the media about how rubbish he was, what would have happened?

---------- Post added 02-03-2016 at 21:26 ----------

I would expect any potential social worker to be able to use their judgement on what should and shouldn't be said to the media, when it can be traced back to them, their job and their profession.

He did use his judgement and what he posted isn't unlawful and is supported by millions of people all over the world.

This is one of the question I asked you and you didn't answer, how would he know what he is allowed to say and what he must keep to himself?

You've just quoted my answer!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added 02-03-2016 at 21:36 ----------

He did use his judgement and what he posted isn't unlawful and is supported by millions of people all over the world.

As I said just a few posts earlier, what you're failing to grasp, is that many professions have higher expectations of their members behaviour than just obeying the law.

Where is the list of thoughts he can openly express and the thoughts he must keep to himself?

Freedom of religion is enshrined in law, he simply expressed his religious beliefs which the law allows, he hasn't been arrested as he?

So why does this body have an issue with religion and how can they act impartially when they clearly have religious intolerance amongst their senior management.

---------- Post added 02-03-2016 at 21:29 ----------

Posting that you support gay marriage can be deemed discriminatory.

Would you support or oppose their imprisonment for refusing to marry a same sex couple?

About 90% of them.

No of course not - but people who can't fulfil their contractual obligations are either found alternative employment or are dismissed from their jobs. Felix Ngole wasn't imprisoned.