University course and anti-gay Facebook post.

I hope he wins his case.

He published his views in the media, that's why he was kicked off his course. Not for having the views, but by publishing them.

Christians and Muslims don't like gays, which is fine, but they should release those opinions in the media. I think people who are religious should be sent to the nut house, each and everyone one of them. If that quote got linked to me in the media, my company could sack me.

You think magistrates should be able to put their religious views ahead of the law!

The ideal parents/foster carers would be a intelligent couple of a different gender, to raise a heterosexual child.

If you knew the child was going to be gay, perhaps the best parents buy be gay? I am not religious, that is my own view.

You think magistrates should be able to put their religious views ahead of the law!

Would you be so supportive of a Muslim magistrate who put their religious views ahead of the law?

He was only asking a common sense question.

We live in a Christian Country, so I would not be supportive of a Muslim magistrate putting their religious views ahead of UK law.

---------- Post added 13-03-2016 at 13:50 ----------

He published his views in the media, that's why he was kicked off his course. Not for having the views, but by publishing them.

Christians and Muslims don't like gays, which is fine, but they should release those opinions in the media. I think people who are religious should be sent to the nut house, each and everyone one of them. If that quote got linked to me in the media, my company could sack me.

It's a different case I am commenting about and didn't think it justified starting a new thread. I am lucky because I am self employed.

A little intolerant sending people with religious views to the nut house :suspect:

Edited by Gamston
added

He was only asking a common sense question.

Was it really common sense?

His position is:

I believe that there is not sufficient evidence to convince me that placing a child in the care of a same-sex couple can be as holistically beneficial to a child as placing them with a mum and dad as God and nature intended.

There isn't evidence to the contrary either. What we do know for certain:

• Children of same sex parents grow up OK.
  • Children in care homes are at a significant disadvantage compared to those adopted/fostered.
  • There is a massive shortage of people wanting to adopt/foster children.

The reality is the choice is between placing a child with a same sex couple (or single parent for that matter) and leaving them in care - the latter being known to be detrimental to the child.

He's putting his religious view before the known fact that children grow up better in families - even if they are non-conventional ones.

We live in a Christian Country, so I would not be supportive of a Muslim magistrate putting their religious views ahead of UK law.

That is debatable but what is certain is that we don't have a Christian legal system. Otherwise slavery would be legal, adultery would be punishable by the death penalty, etc.

Christian student kicked off Sheffield University course for anti-gay Facebook post....

There does seem to be some serious infringements on peoples freedoms.

You're right

The freedoms of Gay people are being infringed :mad:

The right decision was made here :thumbsup:

Gay parents "tend to be more motivated, more committed than heterosexual parents on average, because they chose to be parents," said Abbie Goldberg, a psychologist at Clark University in Massachusetts who researches gay and lesbian parenting. Gays and lesbians rarely become parents by accident, compared with an almost 50 percent accidental pregnancy rate among heterosexuals, Goldberg said. "That translates to greater commitment on average and more involvement."

If stopped lazy straight people from being parents, I am sure the committed ones would do better than gay parents ;)

http://www.livescience.com/17913-advantages-gay-parents.html

This has made me VERY happy :banana:

I'm glad bigoted folk are getting sacked

Been LONG overdue! :thumbsup:

Gay people have been FAR too accomodating

Over the puritanical prejudice of such people

Get them all OUT!! :mad: :mad:

Folk who have strong Christian religious beliefs are not bigots or prejudiced. :loopy:

SO ----

1/. The University cannot exclude Christians, Muslims or Jews from a course; that would be discrimination on religious grounds.

2/. If any of the above speak out in public, stating a policy of their religion, they can be dismissed from the course.

Sounds like a neat way round anti-discrimination legislation!

I've resurrected this thread as there appear to be further developments in the case. Mr Ngole believes that the human right to free speech is at risk, and by extension other professionals are also 'at risk':

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6791651/Christian-kicked-university-course-posting-homosexuality-sin-argue-against-ruling.html