Parking permits

It may just be me being thick but if you still need a permit for the old car that you have not sold yet why did you send off the old permit?

If you were requiring an additional permit for your new car and you still own two cars why did you send off the old one?

Like I say, I'm sure it is just me misunderstanding the situation.

The council state that when you change your car the old permit must be returned before they will issue a new one to avoid fraudulent use .

---------- Post added 29-01-2016 at 18:35 ----------

Good luck Jonny, council are only interested in ripping you off.

You'd hope that they would try to help you out and apply common sense but that's something that the council lack in abundance.

Common sense has been applied BoroB they are issuing me a permit for the new. car

I changed my car this week, I did my application on line uploading my new details, the next day I received an email saying my application had been successful and to send payment and my old payment. I send this first class post and used visitor permits for the four working days it took for my new permit to be sent. No hassle, no confusion.

An efficient service from the council!