Democracy . Is it under grave threat.

Instead of bleating on about it, try making some credible points and backing them up. As Loon said its very subjective, bit presumably you are able to support your argument.

The answer is still no and no.

Crass . The support is implicit in the thread. You just have follow it up.

Todorov is the Director of the CNRS in Paris . A more credible source I cannot think of. And who are you but a phone number (LOL Ting-a-ling ). Go and do some research.

Edited by petemcewan

Your the one attempting to make the case. Just try and make it and then people might engage.

Well above my head this post, but if it means is the face of the country changing, yes it is.

Angel1.

The threat to democracy is not coming from without but from our own.

Gerrymandering of boundaries, the demolition of the welfare state, privatisation of anything and everything, the removal of workers' rights (which will only continue unabated should we leave the EU), TTIP, etc.

The threat to democracy is not coming from without but from our own.

Gerrymandering of boundaries, the demolition of the welfare state, privatisation of anything and everything, the removal of workers' rights (which will only continue unabated should we leave the EU), TTIP, etc.

What boundaries are being gerrymandered? Afaik the electoral commission is due to bring boundaries back into line with population so each constituency is as close as possible to equal sized?

So if you think there is a war happening right now in Britain, how should Parliament respond? I don't think the media, especially the gutter press, are peaceful.

nu-uh, it is the media telling us that those who would oppress us are bringing peace and harmony...

war is deceit.

Todorov is the Director of the CNRS in Paris . A more credible source I cannot think of. And who are you but a phone number (LOL Ting-a-ling ). Go and do some research.

Actually your link doesnt work so you are just using a dead link. Why not tell us also what eh says and why you believe democracy is under threat. You are very poor at making your point and supporting it with anything. Without doing so your thread is meaningless.

Maube give is 5 reasons why you believe democarcy is under threat or a short paragraph to make your point and then people will be able to discuss with you. You could have done that in your very first post, then people might have know what you were talking about Im happy to do soem research except its not for me to do the basic points you seem incapable of probiding. It's your thread.

nu-uh, it is the media telling us that those who would oppress us are bringing peace and harmony...

war is deceit.

Ah now I understand where you're coming from. As you said "open and truthful debate, no name calling, no bull, just enlightenment".

Why don't you make a start explaining how democracy is under threat from "those who would oppress us are bringing peace and harmony..."

If you conduct the debate in a reasonable manner then I don't see why "that will not happen here".

It's early days yet. I admire you confidence.

It depends on what sort of timescale you want to give it. 100 years? 150 years? World will be a truly awful place by then I'd wager and people won't give a monkeys who gets to vote for who.

Ah now I understand where you're coming from. As you said "open and truthful debate, no name calling, no bull, just enlightenment".

Why don't you make a start explaining how democracy is under threat from "those who would oppress us are bringing peace and harmony..."

If you conduct the debate in a reasonable manner then I don't see why "that will not happen here".

anti-islamic comments are not welcome here.

---------- Post added 06-01-2016 at 20:22 ----------

i had a better answer but the forum logs me out while i'm typing...

anti-islamic comments are not welcome here.

---------- Post added 06-01-2016 at 20:22 ----------

i had a better answer but the forum logs me out while i'm typing...

Its quite possible to talk about a potential threat without being banned. Maueb you should consider how you say things and that you actually make sense. You arent ding a good job so far you just keep referring, but never explaining in any detail.

---------- Post added 06-01-2016 at 20:45 ----------

Btw does anyone wnat to explain why Western Democarcy is under great threat, because the OP isnt able to manage it. What does under grave threat mean?

Give examples.