Has anyone been on holiday to Llandudno ?

Hi Pattricia,

my wife and I went several times in the 90's and we loved it.

it is fairly quiet and retains a certain quaint,Victorian charm.

we have stayed in both the Imperial,which is on the seafront

and the Empire,near the pier,the latter being by far the best,however

this is reflected in the price.

If you choose to go make a bee-line for the King's Head Pub on the old road,

the atmosphere is warm and friendly and the food is excellent.

The town hall often has craft fairs and there is (or was) a decent pitch and putt

golf course next to it.

Have a good holiday!

Its under an hour away from me so its a place I visit a lot. There's loads to see nearby too. Conwy is a must, as is Caernarfon, Bangor (and the pier) and Beaumaris over on Anglesey.

The miles and miles of static caravans start at Prestatyn but end at Colwyn Bay.

Edited by alchresearch

Its a great place. Not a bit like Rhyl which is crammed with amusement arcades. In Llandudno there is one small arcade on the main street and one on the pier.. I live 35 miles away and frequently have a day out there or an evening trip to the theatre (Joe Brown on Jan 31st).

I had an utterly dismal week in Llandudno when I was 15 and just really, really didn't want to be on holiday with my parents. I can't tell you much about the place because I spent the entire time concentrating on scowling and sulking. Planning a week in North Wales sometime this year but think we'll be giving Llandudno a miss. Beddgelert looks nice ...

I had an utterly dismal week in Llandudno when I was 15 and just really, really didn't want to be on holiday with my parents. I can't tell you much about the place because I spent the entire time concentrating on scowling and sulking. Planning a week in North Wales sometime this year but think we'll be giving Llandudno a miss. Beddgelert looks nice ...

Seems some people like it and others hate it !:suspect:

That can be said about anywhere though.

How many threads have you read such as "what's wincobank like" , "what's Hillsborough like"......and read the different opinions.

We are all different.

I love it but even I wouldn't want to spend a whole holiday there, IMO it's a daytrip place or somewhere to base yourself while exploring North Wales in general, of course you'd need a car realistically for that.

---------- Post added 05-01-2016 at 09:47 ----------

:hihi: Beddgelert is very nice for a visit and a pub lunch. There's also a really lovely ice cream shop there that sells lovely home made ice creams. Gwynedd as a whole is just lovely. My mum and dad used to have a little cottage there so I spent half my childhood there.