Has anyone been on holiday to Llandudno ?

I have very happy memories of visiting Professor Peabody's, eating fresh donuts on the pier and going up the Orme at Llandudno as a kid... ahhhhhh lovely. Love North Wales! :D

I had an utterly dismal week in Llandudno when I was 15 and just really, really didn't want to be on holiday with my parents. I can't tell you much about the place because I spent the entire time concentrating on scowling and sulking. Planning a week in North Wales sometime this year but think we'll be giving Llandudno a miss. Beddgelert looks nice ...

I had an utterly dismal week in Llandudno when I was 15 and just really, really didn't want to be on holiday with my parents. I can't tell you much about the place because I spent the entire time concentrating on scowling and sulking. Planning a week in North Wales sometime this year but think we'll be giving Llandudno a miss. Beddgelert looks nice ...

Seems some people like it and others hate it !:suspect:

That can be said about anywhere though.

How many threads have you read such as "what's wincobank like" , "what's Hillsborough like"......and read the different opinions.

We are all different.

That can be said about anywhere though.

How many threads have you read such as "what's wincobank like" , "what's Hillsborough like"......and read the different opinions.

We are all different.

Correct! :)

I love it but even I wouldn't want to spend a whole holiday there, IMO it's a daytrip place or somewhere to base yourself while exploring North Wales in general, of course you'd need a car realistically for that.

---------- Post added 05-01-2016 at 09:47 ----------

:hihi: Beddgelert is very nice for a visit and a pub lunch. There's also a really lovely ice cream shop there that sells lovely home made ice creams. Gwynedd as a whole is just lovely. My mum and dad used to have a little cottage there so I spent half my childhood there.

. Planning a week in North Wales sometime this year but think we'll be giving Llandudno a miss. Beddgelert looks nice ...

A week in Beddgelert? You'll be bored after an hour!

This post is so funny ! I am a lady and Llandudno may not be my cup of tea ! It's becoz I isn't fick innit ?:loopy:

Most of the other tourists will have a scouse accent so you'll be right at 'ome.

We'd like to stay there again. The airfare from Australia makes it expensive, buy maybe next year.

We love the two headlands, in one of which you can see a crocodile, and in the other an elephant.

A week in Beddgelert? You'll be bored after an hour!

We'll have the car, would just use Beddgelert as a base for exploring.

Llandudno is the largest place in North West Wales.

Much more accessible by bus road and rail than South or West Wales.

Young children and older adults will like it more.

South shore is quieter and sandier.

Penmaenmawr, Llanfairfechan beaches and Conwy Castle are short bus/train rides away.Welsh Mountain Zoo is brilliant.

County cricket at Colwyn Bay

Aber falls, Sychnat pass and Bettws y Coed for the hills.

On doorstep of National Park

Welsh Mountain Zoo is brilliant.

Bleanau Ffestiniog for slate mines and steam railways.

Longest zip wire in UK at Bethesda.

Anglesey and Lleyn Peninsula beaches.

Snowdon Mountain Railway.

Stop off at Chester Zoo on the way.

Foods' crap as is Colwyn Bay, Rhyl, Prestatyn etc

While seeing the above, Ty Coch Inn at Porthdinllaenon on the Lleyn Peninsula is on the list of one of the World's Best Beach bars (along with one in Jamaica, Hayman Island .... ) and Portmeirion, near Porthmadog, is amazing.