Tram Train stuck at Darnall

mrs m

Looks like the tram train has arrived in style. Darnall is currently carnage as the lorry carrying the tram train is stuck on the corner of Prince/Greenland Road and staniforth road where wilkos is. Police are directing traffic round but it's pretty wedged! So expect delays if your heading down that way

Certainly looked bad when I went through about an hour ago. Police trying to direct traffic but onr officer was stood in the middle of the road then shouted at me to hurry up when my only alternative would have been either to run him over or drive into the lorry to my left! Chaos. Hope they can clear it by the morning or else there will be huge delays.

Longer, narrower or wider, the doors will be in the same place, still be flush and with as little gap as possible with the current platform and their access markings.

Changing vehicle lengths is possible only at the ends but this will increase the "sweep" and the "stop mark positions". Likely hood is the length is the profiled bigger "bumper" which changes nothing.

You cant change the width of the tram train at platform level for obvious reasons.

Edited by Annie Bynnol