Do you want a Derby?

ekke_287

this is my honest view-

when the owls were near the bottom of league 1 not so very long ago and utd were in a higher league i was hoping the owls would go down again.

how i would change my mind now !!! and be in the same league.

how football can change and will change again.maybe 2/5/10 years but it always does.

its nothing personal as i have loads of owls friends but i want blades to be better always.

anyone who disagrees with me are liars

Bit of a double edged sword this one, that season in L1 was fantastic with one of the tensest finishes I can remember, this derby belongs in the top flight, I love them and hate them in equal measure.

Having said that I never want the blades to have any success and the chance of these games happening looks a long way off.

Having seen us yoyo over each other during my time as a fan, I've now seen all that, and bored of it.

I would like competitive derbies, either for promotion from Championship, or even better fighting for Premier position.

Easier said than done though being half way down the 3rd division :hihi:

Banter was a lot more fun as a younger person, but now in my 40s, I'd rather see us both playing in the top flight (as long as we got there first and higher in the league of course :D - I haven't lost all my marbles yet)

In all honesty not missing the derbies one bit, at the end of the day any honest united\wednesday fan in this day and age want each other to fail.

I hope United stay in league one or below as long as possible.

Even for the top lads of United no bugger it stay down there lol.

Must be just me then, I don't want either side to fail, yup, I'm a Blades fan, but this city and it's fans deserve way better than what we have had over the last god knows how long, granted, the blue side is climbing that way at the mo and I hope it continues, but I would never take delight if it started to slide...

It isn't just you Longy - I want United to well, and as much as I find them nerve wracking, I love the derby matches. I want us both to be in the top flight - as long as we are always above :), I can not wish the other side of Sheffield to do badly - don't want them to win against us - and that is my honest viewpoint.

Never again, please. I saw enough deby matches in the 1990s. That awful, dirty United side beating our cultured footballers by being dirty and aggressive.:)

I hate the Sheffield derby with a passion. The game means far too much to be enjoyable.

I can't envisage how we are going to meet in the league in the next few seasons anyway.

Never again, please. I saw enough deby matches in the 1990s. That awful, dirty United side beating our cultured footballers by being dirty and aggressive.:)

I hate the Sheffield derby with a passion. The game means far too much to be enjoyable.

I can't envisage how we are going to meet in the league in the next few seasons anyway.

Probably because they aren't all that common.