Sheffield Bus Changes

are you happy with changes to buses?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. are you happy with changes to buses?

• Yes
    • No
    • Doesn't affect me
    • Still figuring it out

see, i was on a 218 today and it was standing room only (thankfully I was given a seat). there were a few get on in sheffield too, but by the time it got to abbeydale road tesco there were 2 buses in front of it (and it was too packed for more passengers)

I seldom go into town, but for various reasons I have had to during the last two weeks.

Is it coincidence that the car parks are all full and the roads are more congested than usual since the bus changes?

Has anyone else noticed this?

I think it may be coincidence this time of year is traditionally very busy on the roads,however there are a lot of people like myself who choose to use the bus even though we have a car its these people who will likely get back in their cars if the service continues to be unreliable.

The first thing they really need to fix is running to timetable and restore confidence that a bus will turn up when they say it will,closely followed by having double deckers on the busy routes which in fairness they do seem to be addressing.Whoever thought that after reducing the amount of buses it was a good idea to also change to single deckers beggars belief!

This is not helped by so the next bus system being down on so many buses this has been much worse since the changes at a time when we need it most!

I seldom go into town, but for various reasons I have had to during the last two weeks.

Is it coincidence that the car parks are all full and the roads are more congested than usual since the bus changes?

Has anyone else noticed this?

The roads are normally busier at this time of year so it could be co-incidence - everyone back at work and school after the holidays and with the clocks changing for the winter the it gets dark earlier. It tends to stay that way until winter arrives and people sometimes then move over to public transport rather than scraping their car of ice every morning.

I think the roads being more congested at the moment is not because of the bus changes but is a very good reason why it was the wrong time to introduce such changes.

That said, part of my commute is by tram and they are noticeably busier since the bus changes!

The roads are normally busier at this time of year so it could be co-incidence - everyone back at work and school after the holidays and with the clocks changing for the winter the it gets dark earlier. It tends to stay that way until winter arrives and people sometimes then move over to public transport rather than scraping their car of ice every morning.

I think the roads being more congested at the moment is not because of the bus changes but is a very good reason why it was the wrong time to introduce such changes.

That said, part of my commute is by tram and they are noticeably busier since the bus changes!

As a 'regular' bus user I notice that far less people are using the services than before and certainly think they are using the car again.

Reducing the frequency (and then being very late) is not going to encourage people to use / keep using the buses especially in the cold winter months. Waiting for a bus which now runs every 30 minutes instead of 10 and which is then 30 minutes late is no particular joy for anyone especially for the elderly. It is natural people will choose an alternative method of transport may include returning to using the car; unenvironmental yes, practical yes.....

I'm pretty sure that having already cut down the old 87 route to the less-often similar 85/86s, Stagecoach aren't bothering to run the full number of buses which are timetabled. I've yet to see one track on the LED boards, and typically experience at least one or two scheduled departure times pass and then one finally turn up at a completely random time.

I'm pretty sure that having already cut down the old 87 route to the less-often similar 85/86s, Stagecoach aren't bothering to run the full number of buses which are timetabled. I've yet to see one track on the LED boards, and typically experience at least one or two scheduled departure times pass and then one finally turn up at a completely random time.

Exactly my experience they either don't turn up or are so late that most give up

Last night one came randomly and was almost empty!

Funny coincidence that the trackers aren't working on hardly any of them.

That seems to be how the 1/1a is working (at least when I have been catching it).

Luckily my monthly ticket runs out soon so I'll start taking the car instead, adding to the congestion.

I’ve started using the car again. 6 people in my office travel in by bus. 4 of them have gone back to using the car since the changes and one of the two still using the buss doesn’t drive. Total shambles.

Surely SYPTE SCC etc have got this so wrong someone should be brave enough to admit its a complete shambles fall on there sword and resign.

They should do but they wont

By the ways I Wrote this before watching the you tube above.

Its so funny and correct David Young at SYPTE needs to watch it and take a long hard look at himself

Edited by Tigerfan